Getting to the Root of the Matter
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Getting to the Root with a Deist: In this special edition of Real Science Radio, Bob Enyart talks with classical deist Lewis Loflin of BristolBlog.com. Lewis believes that Old Testament teaching that God will judge human beings for their immorality, but:
- he rejects a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation days as 24 hour periods
- he rejects that Genesis teaches that the earth is only thousands of years old
- he rejects the Genesis account of a global flood.
So Bob and Lewis agree to begin by discussing the age of the earth, and then on another show, discuss the New Testament and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ!
* "I'll See Your One Expert, and Raise You Thirty": Lewis mentions a Hebrew scholar who believes the text of Genesis does not indicate a young earth. So Bob said, "Lewis, I see your expert, and raise you thirty." And then Bob quoted the Professor of Hebrew at Oxford, James Barr, who wrote in 1984, “so far as I know, there is no professor of Hebrew or Old Testament at any world-class university who does not believe that the writer(s) of Genesis 1-11 intended to convey to their readers the ideas that: the figures contained in the Genesis genealogies provided by simple addition a chronology from the beginning of the world up to later stages in the biblical story.”
* Bob and Lewis Loflin then went on to Scientific Evidence for the Age of the Earth: See the list of science observations below that the science fans discussed.
* BEL's February Telethon to Keep Bob On the Air: So far we're at 75 folks! (of our goal of 100) giving $20 a month and we're at $3,900 of our $20,000 goal! Please consider donating, pledging or subscribing to keep Bob Enyart Live on air for another year, on Denver's 50,000-watt AM 670 KLTT -- America's #1 most-powerful Christian radio station. In return, we pledge to use these funds to continue to reach more and more people around America and around the world with:
- the truth of God's existence
- the strongest evidence against evolution
- the moral clarity of God's Word
- the right strategy to re-criminalize child killing, and
- the mountain of evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ!
So please help BEL stay on the air for another year by giving whatever you can afford toward our goal of raising $20,000 or 100 people pledging $20 a month (including those who currently selflessly give to BEL who might increase their giving by $20)! You can give online, either a one-time donation, a monthly pledge, or subscribe to Bob's monthly Bible Studies, BEL Televised Classics, sermons, or topical videos.
* For Lewis Loflin: PARTIAL LIST OF NOT SO OLD THINGS: Lewis acknowledge that the scientific community is hostile to the Christian community, but it turns out that they're also hostile to science. So Bob grabbed a few items from the popular Real Science Radio and its List of Not So Old Things as hosted by Fred Williams and Bob Enyart. Many of these scientific finds demand a re-evaluation of supposed million-year ages:
* Soft Tissue T-Rex: Montana State University found soft tissue in a supposedly 65-million year old Tyrannosaurus Rex thighbone that remain supple: see startling photos!
* MORE SOFT DINOSAUR TISSUE!: Ho-hum… sooo boring. According to National Geographic, just another dinosaur with soft-tissue, this time, a hadrosaur, with soft blood vessels and connective tissue and… what’s this? Looks like blood cell protein amino acid chains that have already been partially sequenced at Harvard. This supposedly 80-million year-old non-fossilized duck-billed dinosaur tissue was discovered by a team led by researchers at North Carolina State University.
Seems they wanted to get some soft dino tissue, so they put together a team, and just went out and got some. (Consider all the potential soft dino structures, and perhaps even DNA, lost to humanity because of the false evolutionary timescale which so biased paleontology that they never even would look for non-decomposed, non-fossilized biological tissue inside of dinosaur bones.)
And still more: And in the summer of 2010, scientists report the presence of original biological material in archeopteryx feathers and bones, that have survived for 150 million years!
* Yellowstone Petrified Tree Strata: The National Park Service took down their deceptive sign that had claimed petrified trees in a dozen different strata had proved that millions of years had passed during the rise and fall of successive forests. But the petrified trees there had no root systems, and the trees were clearly transported by water and settled into rapidly deposited sediments just as had occurred in Spirit Lake after Mount St. Helens erupted. Bob Enyart had the honor of working with the head ranger at a National Park (had dinner at his home; discussed how this sign could be removed), and he corresponded with his colleagues at Yellowstone and urged them to correct or remove the sign. They removed it. (See also AIG.).
* Fossils with Protein, DNA and Bacteria: As listed in 2008 by Dr. Walt Brown…
- allegedly 17 million year old magnolia leaf contains DNA (Scientific American 1993)
- allegedly 100 million year old dinosaur fossil contains protein (Science News 1992)
- allegedly 120 million year old insect fossil contains DNA (Nature 1993)
- allegedly 200 million year old fish fossil contains DNA (Science. News 1992)
- allegedly 30 million year old bee fossil contains LIVING bacteria (Science 1995)
- allegedly 600 million year old rock contains LIVING bacillus (Nature 2000).
* Polystrate Fossils: In a thousand locations including the Fossil Cliffs of Joggins, Nova Scotia, polystrate fossils such as trees span many strata disproving the claim that the layers were deposited slowly over millions of years. See CRSQ June 2006, ICR Impact #316, and RSR 8-11-06 at KGOVArchives.org.
* And here's a bonus item for Lewis Loflin: Yikes! Millions of Years are MISSING Here: According to evolutionary geologists, there are MORE THAN 100 MILLION YEARS MISSING in the extraordinarily regular and straight layers of the Grand Canyon!
Supposed geological layers entirely missing from the beautifully formed Grand Canyon strata include the Ordovician and the Silurian. The flat boundaries between strata provide hard evidence proving that millions of years of erosion DID NOT OCCUR, and that therefore, those millions of years DID NOT PASS, neither in the canyon nor anywhere on Earth, for they are an atheistic fiction.
Today's Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown's In the Beginning and Bob's interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You'll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez' Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media's Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart's Age of the Earth Debate; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI's tremendous Creation magazine!
* Special Editions of Real Science Friday:
- BEL's famous List of Not-So-Old Things (this show)
- Bob's debate with Christian Darwinist British author James Hannam
- PZ Myers blogs against Real Science Radio so Bob hits back with the PZ Trochlea Challenge
- Waiting for Darwin's Other Shoe: Evolution mag's cover story Darwin Was Wrong on the Tree of Life
- Microbiologist in Studio: Bob talks with the Creation Research Society Quarterly editor about new genetic findings
- Caterpillar Kills Atheism: describe how a bug could evolve to liquefy itself and then build itself into a flying creature
- And see the RSR Offer of $2,000 to get 16 letters of the alphabet in their correct places; $500 paid in 1998; $1,500 in 2010...
Today’s Resource: Give a science Christmas Gift and get free shipping! Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendous Creation magazine and Ken Ham's Answers magazine! (And you can order Darwin's Dilemma DVD by calling BEL at 1-800-8Enyart.)
Monthly Sermon MP3-CD
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon DVD
Monthly Sermon Blu-ray New!
Monthly Bible Study MP3-CD
Monthly Bible Study DVD
Monthly Bible Study Blu-ray New!
Monthly Topical Video
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Shop BEL Departments
BEL Topical Videos
BEL Topical Video Dowloads
Bible Study Audios
Bible Study Audio Downloads
Bible Study Videos
Bible Study Video Downloads
Sermon Audio Downloads
Sermon Video Downloads
BEL Audio Library
BEL Video Library
BEL Classic TV Library
RSR's List Shows
RSR's List of Not So Old Things
List of Evidence Against the Big Bang
List of Big Bang Predictions
List of the Fine Tuning of the Cosmos
List of Scholars Doubting Darwin
List of Creation Science Predictions
List of Shocked Evolutionists
List of Solar System Formation Problems
List of Papers that Shock Potheads
List of Carbon 14 Everywhere it Shouldn't Be
List of Dinosaur Soft Tissue Journal Papers
List of Answers to Hydroplate Objections
List of Missing Transitional Fossils
List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit
List of Fresh Fossils
List of Whale Evolution Problems
RSR: Lawrence Krauss with a Young Earther
RSR: List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit
RSR: Carbon 14 Everywhere It Shouldn't Be
Stephen Meyer & Darwin's Doubt on RSR
RSR's List of Evidence Against the Big Bang
RSR's Enyart vs. Eugenie Scott on Junk DNA
RSR's 2014 List of Not So Old Things
RSR: Jonathan Sarfati on Richard Dawkins
Real Science Radio: Origin of Language
RSR: Steve Austin on Mt. St Helens in Studio
Enyart Debates Hannam on Theistic Evolution
RSR: Planets and Spike Psarris vs. Phil Plait