* If You Haven't Signed the Colorado Personhood Petition: Virtually everyone at the RMCF meeting signed Colorado's Brady Amendment personhood petition! Why are creationists are pro-life? Because they know that we haven't evolved from animals, but we're made in God's image! If you haven't yet signed please call Colorado RTL at 303-753-9394 to get a petition mailed to you. And if you're out of state, PLEASE call CRTL or go to their ColoradoRTL.org site and click on donate to give for the petition drive! Thanks.-Bob Enyart
Pelosi: More Kids Not Wanted Right Now
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Feminists like Nancy Pelosi Want Fewer Children: on this BEL show hear Pelosi tell ABC that because babies need health care, and boys and girls need education, that overall kids are an economic burden to state budgets.
* Socialists View People as Liabilities: those who prefer freedom and advocate enforcement of Thou shall not steal view human beings as assets; socialists view people as burdens and liabilities. On ABC yesterday Pelosi, speaking not at all about abortion, refused to apologize for saying that America would be better off economically, as least for now, with fewer children. From ABC's THIS WEEK:
GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Hundreds of millions of dollars to expand family planning services. How is that stimulus?
NANCY PELOSI: Family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost. The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now and part of what we do for children's health, education and some of those elements are to help the states meet their financial needs. ...the contraception will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government.
BOB ENYART: Abortion turns the hearts of women against children. George, she should apologize for what she is saying about kids, that America will be better off with fewer children.
STEPHANOPOULOS (to Pelosi): So no apologies for that?
PELOSI: No apologies. No. we have to deal with the consequences of the downturn in our economy.
ENYART: George, feminism makes women ugly. Feminists been advocating killing unborn children for so long, they've grown to see children as the enemy.
PELOSI: I'm not going to sit... [inaudible]
[Cut to commercial]
* Bush, Dems, Obama Nationalizing Banks: On today's show Bob gives a lecture in a college-level class in Economics 101. Nancy Pelosi, the Squeaker of the House, asked by Jus Stopannoyinus (i.e., George Steponallofus) about nationalizing U.S. banks, said, "Well, whatever you want to call it... Some people call that nationalization. I'm not talking about total ownership... Would we have ever thought we would see the day when we'd be using that terminology? 'Nationalization of the banks?' " Yikes!
* New York Times- Nationalization Gets a Serious Look: Today's Herald Tribune international edition of the Times states that, "members of the new administration and Democratic leaders in Congress are already [asking]: Is the president prepared to nationalize a huge swath of the nation's banking system? ... If hundreds of billions of dollars of new investment is needed to shore up [Citigroup and Bank of America] banks, and perhaps their competitors, what do taxpayers get in return?" They'll get hurt, says Bob Enyart! And they'll get hurt worse if they get something in return. Obama is continuing the destructive Bush program of socializing the banks. Government ownership of banks is socialism, which primarily, is immoral. God said, do not steal, and socialism violates that command. Secondly, socialism doesn't spread the wealth as much as it spreads the poverty. Government bureaucrats are not smart enough to make better decisions than the collective efforts of ten thousand businessmen in a privately-owned industry. When people spend their own money they are far more effective than those who spend other people's money. When they drive their own car they take better care of it than when they drive a rental. Who is more destructive to a residence: homeowners or renters? People are less responsible and less effective at a task when they don't have ownership, and a government bureaucrat is far removed from private ownership. To function properly an industry's managers process billions of pieces of information. And by the tendency for people to be control freaks, the authority of a bureaucrat typically prevents businessmen from best responding to massive information input. Not only is socialism, like communism, immoral, but also there is insufficient brainpower among bureaucrats, and insufficient motivation for they are not spending their own money.
The Times continued: "...on ABC, the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, alluded to internal debate when she was asked whether nationalization, or partial nationalization... Others talk of de facto nationalization, in which the government owns a sizeable chunk of the banks but not a majority... Many believe this form of hybrid ownership - part government, part private, with the responsibilities of ownership unclear - will not prove workable." Of course the New York Times is not cautioning so we can return to sanity but to suggest that we continue further into socialism and outright nationalization of banks. This is horrifying of course. So the Times continued, "The case for full nationalization is far stronger now than it was a few months ago," said Adam Posen, the deputy director of the Peterson Institute for International Economics. "If you don't own the majority, you don't get to fire the management, to wipe out the shareholders... I would guess that sometime in the next few weeks, Obama and [his Treasury Secretary] will have to come out and say, 'It's much worse than we thought,' and just bite the bullet."
Among other attributes, communism is when the government owns the means of production; socialism is when the government controls the means of production, and that's what government ownership of stock in these banks will do. By their guidelines for banks homosexual Barney Frank and abortionist Nancy Pelosi would decide who gets loans, who doesn't; who does not have to meet their payment schedules; who gets foreclosed on; who pays what interest rates. Regarding nationalization the Times dutifully reported, "The nightmare scenarios are endless," one of the administration's senior officials said. Yes, endless, says Enyart. Whenever you disobey God, you can't possible foresee all the harm and unintended consequences, and the lost opportunity, ramifications, and eternal hurt you will cause. God commands against sin, because sin leads to death; God said: do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not commit perjury (i.e., bear false witness) and do not steal. These are the four of the Ten Commandments that form the foundation of civil government; commands that every nation should enact into law. But in America we have decriminalized murder (through abortion, euthanasia, and starving to death four-year old handicapped boys like Dylan Walborn);we have decriminalized adultery, along with almost all sex outside of marriage; we've decriminalized stealing through greater than five-percent income taxes; and perjury is committed with impunity on both sides of most trials in a thousand courtrooms a day.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and the Times ended with wisdom from an unlikely source: "We told the Asians that they had to be willing to let banks and companies fail," said Jeffrey Garten, a professor at the Yale School of Management and a top official in the Clinton administration. "We warned that there was great moral hazard if governments just bailed them out. And now," he said, "we are doing the polar opposite of our advice."
* BEL Indiana Seminars: Bob Enyart is coming to Indiana, Goshen in the evening of Jan. 29th and Indianapolis on Saturday January 31st, to present a brand new BEL Seminar titled Hermeneutics: Tools for Studying the Bible. Learn how to use tools of interpretation as you study the Bible. And as importantly, Bob will discuss the principles involved for prioritizing these hermeneutics and how to decide which tool to use in which instance. You'll love it! Click for more info and to register please call 1-800-8Enyart!
Today's Resource: Holocaust survivor, messianic rabbi and author Eliezer Urbach describes Bob Enyart's life's work, The Plot, an overview of the Bible, this way: "Take this startling journey into truth. So traditional, at each step, everything appears familiar. Yet, as an expert guide revealing new wonders (Mat. 13:52), Bob Enyart brings the Bible to life with often ignored passages." Aside from that best-selling book, you can also listen to Bob teaching through that same overview of the Bible and to study dozens of books of the Bible with him, all on CD or downloadable MP3s! And you can subscribe to our monthly Bible Study Albums or our Monthly Sermons resources! Every month, you'll get another Bible Study CD, or the latest Sermons CD, delivered to your door in the U.S. Mail. These subscriptions will help you grow spiritually and intellectually! So many have reported that the biblical knowledge they gain from these resources is so practical that it has helped them improve their marriages, friendships, parenting and grand-parenting, work relations, evangelizing, and so many general life skills! And of course, subscribing to one or more of these resources will not only help you, at the same time you will be helping BEL reach more people!
Monthly Sermon MP3-CDs
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon Videos
Monthly Bible Study Audios
Monthly Bible Study Videos
Monthly Topical Videos
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library