Now you can hear Real Science Radio on your smartphone or iPad with the SoundCloud app!
Real Science Radio: Trochlea Challenge
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Trochlea Challenge to Any Evolutionist: (Update: After PZ Myers took a shot at RSR, we renamed the sketch below to the PZ Myers Trochlea Challenge.) Real Science Radio asks any evolutionist to view this anatomical image of the human eye Trochlea and take the KGOV.com challenge. On this radio program, Bob Enyart and RSR co-host Fred Williams discuss the debate over at Theology Online on Entropy and Evolution which led the BEL staff to commission this diagram of the muscles of the eye and the Trochlea sling, to disseminate this challenge. The image shows that the Superior Oblique muscle attached to the top of the eye is threaded through a sling, the Trochlea, for functionality (angle of torque, space requirements, etc.) and the strap-like muscle narrows to a cord to slide through. Darwin's natural selection could not choose this configuration until if functioned minimally. How many generations of offspring with random mutations modifying the design of the various tissue types like bone, nerve, cartilage, and muscle, happening simultaneously do you estimate would have to pass before this most simple of design features of the eye happened upon by chance in order for natural selection to choose it? Now estimate the generations of offspring for a complex feature of the eye...
* A Very Encouraging RSR Listener: wrote about our March 28, 2008 program Real Science Radio- Caterpillar Kills Atheism: "I cannot emphasize how much I love this stuff....it is simplicity and truth at its finest -- I thrive on it..I crave it... just two guys talking about the miracle of creation. After listening to this short audio, it should be obvious and self-evident to everyone that God is the Creator of all. Check it out -- it's a great listen. Bob Enyart and Fred Williams tell a great story and put on display the staggering brilliance, genius and beauty of our living God."
"Wow, that's humbling. You equally encourage us! Thanks so much! In Christ, -Bob and Fred
* The "Bigger Picture" Vision Challenge to Evolutionists: Check out the RSR Vision Challenge to atheists and Darwinists at KGOV.com/atheists#vision!
For our Real Science Radio friends, in case you miss other BEL programs, here are some of the:
Atheists Bob Enyart has debated...
- ABC's Reginald Finley, called The Infidel Guy, from ABC's Wife Swap program; 3-26-07;
- Freedom from Religion Foundation's Dan Barker (a founder of the group that put the atheist sign near the Nativity at the capitol in Seattle) who as a teen was involved with the ministry of Kathryn Kuhlman, one of a group of so-called faith healers. (See a BEL listener who initially compared Bob to Benny Hinn until...) The BEL show was on 12-11-08;
- TheologyOnline's psychologist Zakath in a 10-round moderated written online debate, also available in soft cover;
- TOL's member who calls himself Fool; 3-28-06;
- John Henderson who wrote the book God.com 6-15-2006; and,
- Michael Shermer, an editor with Scientific American and the Skeptic Society who in in this famous 73-second excerpt on BEL denied that the Bible was correct when it stated that the sun should not be worshipped because it is not a god, but rather, that the sun is a light. Illustrating the difficulty debating atheists when they're hesitant to admit to even the most obvious common ground, Schermer famously replied, "The sun is a not light." 8-28-03
BEL Indiana Seminars: Bob Enyart is coming to Indiana, Goshen in the evening of Jan. 29th and Indianapolis on Saturday January 31st, to present a brand new BEL Seminar titled Hermeneutics: Tools for Studying the Bible. Learn how to use tools of interpretation as you study the Bible. And as importantly, Bob will discuss the principles involved for prioritizing these hermeneutics and how to decide which tool to use in which instance. You'll love it! Click for more info and to register please call 1-800-8Enyart!
Today's Three Resources:
1. You might enjoy reading Bob's book-length debate, Does God Exist? Remember, unlike virtually any other publisher, BEL offers a money-back guarantee if not satisfied! However, we're usually perfectly satisfied with your money :) Actually, if YOU are not satisfied, you can return any particular BEL resource for a full refund!
2. Do you hope to move someone from unbelief to trusting in Christ? That typically involves breaking down both pride and misconceptions. You do NOT need anything from BEL to accomplish this! You can use prayer and the Scriptures. But if you would like some help from BEL, you could consider how the five powerful titles in the BEL Evangelism Pack can help someone decide to convert to Christianity!
3. Also through January 2009, please request our thank you Walt Brown gift set for a donation of $100 or more to BEL (online or by calling 1-800-8Enyart), and we will send you:
- the BRAND NEW hardcopy 8th Edition of Walt's watershed book, In The Beginning (for you to keep)
- the hardcopy 7th Edition of Walt's book (for you to give as a gift to someone, it's FABULOUS TOO)
- and the Walt Brown Week CD so you can hear Dr. Brown talk through the key concepts of creation!
BEL Topical Videos
Bible Studies (Audio)
Bible Studies (Video)
BEL Audio Library
BEL Video Library
BEL Classic TV Library
RSR: Lawrence Krauss with a Young Earther
RSR: List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit
RSR: Carbon 14 Everywhere It Shouldn't Be
Stephen Meyer & Darwin's Doubt on RSR
RSR's List of Evidence Against the Big Bang
RSR's Enyart vs. Eugenie Scott on Junk DNA
RSR's 2014 List of Not So Old Things
RSR: Jonathan Sarfati on Richard Dawkins
Real Science Radio: Origin of Language
RSR: Steve Austin on Mt. St Helens in Studio
Enyart Debates Hannam on Theistic Evolution
RSR: Planets and Spike Psarris vs. Phil Plait