* If You Haven't Signed the Colorado Personhood Petition: Virtually everyone at the RMCF meeting signed Colorado's Brady Amendment personhood petition! Why are creationists are pro-life? Because they know that we haven't evolved from animals, but we're made in God's image! If you haven't yet signed please call Colorado RTL at 303-753-9394 to get a petition mailed to you. And if you're out of state, PLEASE call CRTL or go to their ColoradoRTL.org site and click on donate to give for the petition drive! Thanks.-Bob Enyart
Fireproof's Erin Bethea on BEL
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Movie Weekend: The Christian movie Fireproof is storming the box office (in the top five its opening week). And as its second weekend begins Erin Bethea talks to Bob about her role as Catherine Holt, playing the wife of Kirk Cameron's character, Caleb. Sherwood Picture's successful Facing the Giants took in $10 million in its 17-week run in 2006 and Fireproof is already at $8 million in only six days! Giants peaked on about 450 screens with Fireproof already showing at 840 theaters, and according to Bethea, they're about to add another 300 screens, so expect this movie to have widespread influence!
* Callers Lana and Gabrielle: from Parker and Aurora respectively, encourage us all to go view Fireproof! Bob suggests that you compare and contrast yourself to the characters in the movie! Also, Bob warns young men not to mimic the hot sauce dare in the movie, as apparently, and coincidentally, a 29-year-old guy died this past week from a hot sauce dare. Also this weekend, Bill Maher's blasphemous Religulous (combined from religious and ridiculous) is debuting, along with David Zucker's filthy-mouthed An American Carol. Zucker says he's upset with Christian-bashing in the culture. "One bit in the movie, he says, was inspired by a comment he heard Rosie O'Donnell make on The View, to the effect that radical evangelicals were as dangerous as radical Islamic terrorists. 'We do a whole routine where Rosie shows a documentary to Bill O'Reilly about' the truth about radical Christians, 'where they're going on planes, hitting the pilots with their crosses and Bibles, and we have a nun blowing up a bus - all these crazy things.'" Unfortunately, Zucker actively uses children in scenes with fithy language and sexual innuendo. Not Recommended.
* Palin Defends Chemical Abortions: The CBS transcript of Sarah Palin shows:
Palin: "absolutely" will fight global warming
Palin: evolution "should be taught as an accepted principle"
Palin: God's hand in creation should not be part of state policy or the curriculum
Palin: "as for homosexuality" "I don't know what prayers are worthy of being prayed... I am not going to judge... adult personal relationships"
Palin: personally against the Morning After Pill but it should not be illegal
Palin: on abortion for rape, she would 'counsel' for life, but never support jail
Palin: a pro-life vice president doesn't make laws, so her beliefs are not relevant
* McCain Lies to Christians, Kills Kids: Please see American Right To Life's powerful press release about Dr. Dobson violating his pledge made invoking God! John McCain funds the killing of countless children for example by voting to allocate monies on Oct. 27, 2005 for tax-funded surgical abortion if the baby's father is a criminal, that is, a rapist. See McCain's Yea vote to authorized funding for surgical abortion to kill an unborn child whose father is a criminal, "if the pregnancy is the result of an act of rape or incest." Also he votes millions to foreign and domestic abortion providers including Planned Parenthood and one week after Rudi Giuliani dropped out of the race, Republicans for Choice endorsed McCain.
Today's Resource: Enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart's entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services like the Monthly Bible Study Album, Bob's Monthly Sermons, or the BEL Televised Classics which brings perhaps the highest rated nightly Christian show ever back via DVD to your home! Subscribe through the links above or by calling right now 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278)!
Monthly Sermon MP3-CDs
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon Videos
Monthly Bible Study Audios
Monthly Bible Study Videos
Monthly Topical Videos
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library