* FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: See ARTL's press release below or at the Denver Post:
Colorado Law: "Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden"
Christian Opposition Press Conference July 1, DTC Marriot
DENVER, June 30 - Leaders representing many Christian organizations will hold a press conference tomorrow, July 1 to announce plans to oppose Colorado's new censorship law, SB 200.
Section 8 of the new law reads: "Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden. No person, being the owner... agent, or employee of any place of public accommodation... shall publish, issue, circulate, send, distribute, give away, or display in any way, manner... or method, except as provided in this section, any communication... book, pamphlet, writing... or advertisement of any kind, nature, or description THAT is intended or calculated to discriminate or actually discriminates against... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... in the matter of... schooling... or any accommodation, right, privilege, advantage, or convenience... on account of... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... [which] is unwelcome..."
Christian leaders available to the media at tomorrow's press conference include:
- Mathew Staver, founder & chairman, Liberty Counsel
- Steve Curtis, president, American RTL Action and former chairman of the Colorado GOP
- Janet Folger, nationally syndicated talk show host
- Kevin Swanson, Christian Home Educators of Colorado & Generations Radio
- Colorado State Representative Kevin Lundberg
Rep. Lundberg confirms the fear of many Christian organizations that, "Section 8 [of SB200] is a wide open door for any judge to censor anything that condemns homosexuality, including Scripture." Steve Crampton, general counsel of Liberty Counsel, has stated, "I do believe that the Bible is banned, under the plain language of this new statute." Liberty Counsel is a national pro-family litigation organization with hundreds of affiliate attorneys.
Janet Folger wrote the popular book, The Criminalization of Christianity, and has announced on her nationally syndicated radio program her plans to help fight the government censorship and religious infringements of Colorado's SB200.
"American RTL Action is a political 527 group headquartered a half-block from the Colorado capitol, and we're not going to hire someone cohabitating outside of marriage, let alone a homosexual," said Steve Curtis, the group's president as reported by WorldNetDaily.com. "SB200 also makes it a crime for us to publish biblical teaching on immorality, so we are prepared to violate this anti-Christian government censorship."
The media is invited to this press conference to be held just off the lobby at the Denver Tech Center Marriot at 4900 Syracuse St. at 10:15 a.m. on July 1, 2008. This press conference is not an official function of, but is being held concurrently with, the Colorado Renewal Project pastor's policy briefing which has scheduled guests former Governor Mike Huckabee, historian David Barton, and pro-family leader Don Wildmon.
Media contact: Donna Ballentine
* Post Show Note: Please call Denver radio to speak to Colo. Governor Bill Ritter on the Caplis & Silverman show tomorrow, July 1, from 3 - 6 p.m. M.T. at 303 713-8255. Quote to him from above, Section 8 of SB200, and tell him he signed America's first law censoring Christian teaching on immorality.
* Rocky Mountain News on Collaborators Project: RMN did a great story warning businesses not to collaborate with child killers like Planned Parenthood, or else... or else the Collaborators Project will have your number! The article quotes Weitz executive Bill Hornaday saying that, "he has never seen anything like the attacks on his business and fellow executives in 30 years of constructing commercial buildings along the Front Range. ... Hornaday said. 'We should not, nor should anyone, have to be subject to the kind of economic terrorism we were.'"
* Please Send Seven Sheets to ARTL: Please help American RTL welcome the DNC to Denver this summer! They need 100 people to send them seven sheets each for a top secret project called the Sheets of Shame! Can you send any sheets? If you can't send seven, can you send one or two? Can you go to a second hand store? Can you call a hotel, hospital, nursing home, motel, jail, or ask some friends? To do a proper greeting, here's what...
ARTL's DNC Welcoming Committee needs:
- What: Sheets and more sheets
- Quantity: 700 sheets
- Color: white or light colored
- Style: flat, preferably; but fitted sheets ok
- Size: queen, preferably; but others ok, especially king
- Info: Office@AmericanRTL.org or 1-888-888-ARTL
Please bring or mail your sheets to:
1535 Grant St #303
Denver CO 80203
* Please Help Bob with a Personhood Project: If you can, please volunteer to help Bob on one of these projects:
- Team131: if you're able to spend at least five hours at your PC helping with a vital online project!
- Metro Team: if you're able to come out occasionally for an important project in the Denver area, please let Donna at CRTL know!
* Drive Denver's Truth Truck: Colorado Right To Life's Truth Truck coordinator, Vick Lopez, called into BEL to ask if you (yes, you!) can volunteer to drive. Please call CRTL at 303 753-9394 if you think you can drive their standard transmission Truth Truck on a two-hour route once every week or two!
Today's Resource: Have you heard about our new Bible Study of the entire Book of Judges, that presents the biblical teaching on treaties, the judiciary, and the best form of government, coming out soon on CD? Call to order Judges at 1-800-8Enyart and check out our many Bible Study resources!