* If You Haven't Signed the Colorado Personhood Petition: Virtually everyone at the RMCF meeting signed Colorado's Brady Amendment personhood petition! Why are creationists are pro-life? Because they know that we haven't evolved from animals, but we're made in God's image! If you haven't yet signed please call Colorado RTL at 303-753-9394 to get a petition mailed to you. And if you're out of state, PLEASE call CRTL or go to their ColoradoRTL.org site and click on donate to give for the petition drive! Thanks.-Bob Enyart
$11,850 of $25,000 BEL Telethon Goal!
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
Colorado for Equal Rights Finds Prominent Nationwide Support
-- Over 40 National and State Pro-Life Leaders Boosting Amendment --
Colorado Personhood Amendment Forges Broad Coalition of Catholic, Protestant Leaders
DENVER, Colorado (27 Feb 08) - Following Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee's endorsement of the personhood initiative, Colorado for Equal Rights announced the support of over 40 national and local pro-life leaders and organizations.
"Organizations like Colorado Right to Life, American Life League, Human Life International and Operation Rescue have already endorsed personhood," said Keith Mason, spokesman for Colorado for Equal Rights.
"Our supporters range from presidential candidates Mike Huckabee, Ron Paul, and Alan Keyes, to state senators such as Scott Renfroe and Dave Schultheis," stated Mason. "When a coalition of church leaders such as Bishop Tafoya, Pastor Bob Enyart, Bishop Sheridan, and Archbishop Chaput have personally expressed their support, pro-lifers can't help but feel encouraged as we move into these next critical months."
Mason also recently announced the support of Assemblies of God Rocky Mountain District Superintendent Bob Cook for the Personhood Amendment. "We are so grateful for their leadership and support as we move to the ballot box this fall," said Mason.
Written by Kristi Burton, a 20 year old law student, the personhood resolution states:
"Be it Enacted by the People of the State of Colorado: SECTION 1. Article II of the constitution of the state of Colorado is amended BY THE ADDITION OF A NEW SECTION to read: Section 31. Person defined. As used in sections 3, 6, and 25 of Article II of the state constitution, the terms 'person' or 'persons' shall include any human being from the moment of fertilization."
"It's exciting to see just how many people are behind this effort," said Burton. "Judie Brown, Congressman Duncan Hunter, The Thomas More Society, and so many others have told us just how important personhood is."
Colorado for Equal Rights is a statewide grassroots organization of committed pro-life activists. Colorado for Equal Rights is sponsoring the Human Life Amendment to the Colorado Constitution, stating "(t)he term "Person" or "Persons" shall include any human from the time of fertilization." The Human Life Amendment initiative is currently working to gather petition signatures to appear on the November 2008 ballot.
For more information, please contact Keith Mason at 720.341.1892 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
* UPI: Anti-Abortion Group Using Horton's Message (27 Feb 08)
* Denver Post: Huckabee Endorses Personhood Amendment (26 Feb 08)
* Baltimore Sun: Young Join in Fight to End Abortion (15 Feb 08)
* Covenant: Campaign Looks to Colorado Republican Party for Personhood Resolution (08 Feb 08)
* US News and World Report: The New Abortion Wars (03 Jan 08)
* CNS: Colorado Initiative Seeks to Define Embryos as Persons Under the Law (21 Dec 07)
* Rocky Mountain News: Prayer as Teen Led to Campaign for Unborn (24 Nov 07)
* Denver News Channel 7: Court: Wording of Anti-Abortion Measure is Legal (13 Nov 07)
Today's Resource: We're at $11,850 of our $25,000 BEL Telethon Goal! Please help us break through the $12,000 threshold! Our cost of airtime alone is $31,000 annually. For our annual February telethon to keep Bob Enyart broadcasting for the next year, instead of listing a BEL resource that you can benefit from, we're listing a resource you may have that can help BEL stay on the air to reach more people through 2009! Donations. If you value the influence of BEL, please consider sacrificially giving a non-tax deductible one-time or recurring monthly gift either online, or by subscribing online to one of our monthly resources, or by calling us at 800-8Enyart!
Monthly Sermon MP3-CDs
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon Videos
Monthly Bible Study Audios
Monthly Bible Study Videos
Monthly Topical Videos
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library