Biblical and Political Arguments Against Democracy
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
Biblical Argument Against Democracy: With democracy itself threatening the eventual destruction of the State of Israel, Bob Enyart presents biblical arguments against the so-called right to vote...
- The majority is evil Mat. 7.
- "...wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and... many... go in by it." Mat. 7:13
- "...narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Mat.7:14
- Since the majority is evil, majority rule is guaranteed, over time, to be evil.
- So majority rule, on average, hastens government's descent into wickedness.
- Since the majority is evil, once a democratic government becomes evil, virtually nothing can restore it.
- While individuals often repent and turn toward God, the masses rarely do, especially not of their own leading.
- As in the modern vernacular, the Bible calls governing officials "authorities." Rom. 13 Titus 3 Luke 12 Acts 16
- Government authority does not imply majority rule, but rule over the majority. Rom. 13
- Democracy promotes arrogance, suggesting to people that the governing leaders should obey them.
- Democracy: people obey the gov't, which obeys the people, who obey the gov't, which obey the people, etc.
- Circular authority suffers from the same weakness as circular reasoning: both lack a valid foundation.
- Democracy promotes arrogance suggesting to people that they should be able to lord it over their neighbors.
- As it has been said, Better to live under one tyrant 3,000 miles away, than 3,000 tyrants one mile away.
- True authority, like water, flows downhill not up, not from the people to rulers but from rulers down. Num. 27
- Authority flows from God, through government, to men and passes through parents to reach children.
- "Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities..."
- For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
- "Governing authorities" are from God and each official should act as "God's minister" Rom. 13.
- God has appointed all authority structures¾of parents, ministers, and governing officials.
- v. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and... will bring judgment on themselves.
- v. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good.
- God never established governance by committee, but governance by individuals.
- The desire to rule over others (Mat. 20, Mark 10) lurks among the vulgar lusts (Mat. 20; Mark 9; 10).
- Democracy exalts the vice of brazen self-promotion to the center of public life.
- In denial of Scripture, leftists believe men are basically good and so support rule by the people.
- Leftists inflate individual authority to release men from the restraint of government, church, and family.
- Man's inherent sinfulness indicates that democracy will systematically worsen government.
- Unlike majorities, even wicked individuals, i.e. Pilate, may decide justly, for their own reputation's sake.
- Voting negatives: Num. 27 & rep. Of the people, Numbers, rebellion of Korah...
- Elections "by smooth words and [with] flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple." Rom. 16
- Acluin's Letter to Charlemagne 800 AD foolishly states "the voice of the people is the voice of God."
- President Millard Fillmore rightly said, "May God save the country, for it is obvious the people will not."
- The forces of Hell love democracy, including Hillary, Homosexuals, Humanists, and Hollywood.
- Because the majority is evil Mat. 7, democracy, that is, majority rule is inherently an evil government system.
- In a monarchy the king is likely to be corrupt, but he does not legalize his behavior.
- In a democracy everyone is made king, and laws are changed to permit wicked behavior.
- Since the majority is evil Mat. 7, democracy, that is, majority rule is inherently an evil government system.
In addition to the above biblical arguments, there are also political arguments against democracy (and against representative republics) which we hope to present on BEL sometime in 2015. :)
Today's Resource: Have you seen the Government Department at our KGOV Store? You just may love our classic seminar, God's Criminal Justice System, and these powerful DVDs: God and the Death Penalty, Live from Las Vegas, and Bob on Drugs, and then there is the groundbreaking Focus on the Strategy trilogy!
Monthly Sermon MP3-CD
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon DVD
Monthly Sermon Blu-ray New!
Monthly Bible Study MP3-CD
Monthly Bible Study DVD
Monthly Bible Study Blu-ray New!
Monthly Topical Video
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Shop BEL Departments
BEL Topical Videos
BEL Topical Video Dowloads
Bible Study Audios
Bible Study Audio Downloads
Bible Study Videos
Bible Study Video Downloads
Sermon Audio Downloads
Sermon Video Downloads
BEL Audio Library
BEL Video Library
BEL Classic TV Library