* If You Haven't Signed the Colorado Personhood Petition: Virtually everyone at the RMCF meeting signed Colorado's Brady Amendment personhood petition! Why are creationists are pro-life? Because they know that we haven't evolved from animals, but we're made in God's image! If you haven't yet signed please call Colorado RTL at 303-753-9394 to get a petition mailed to you. And if you're out of state, PLEASE call CRTL or go to their ColoradoRTL.org site and click on donate to give for the petition drive! Thanks.-Bob Enyart
RSR: What Museums Aren't Showing You
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Dr. Carl Werner's Museum Exposé: Did you know that mammals and crocodiles ate dinosaurs? Co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart discuss Don Batten's interview of Dr. Werner and the how museums downplay the 432 mammal species excavated by paleontologists from dinosaur layers. Fred is with the Creation Research Society, and on this episode of Real Science Radio the guys again draw from both the latest issue of Creation magazine, April - June 2011 and the Winter 2011 CRSQ Creation Research Society Quarterly.
* 432 Mammal Species Downplayed: From Dr. Batten's great interview of Carl Werner: "Paleontologists have found 432 mammal species in the dinosaur layers; almost as many as the number of dinosaur species. … But where are these fossils? We visited 60 museums but did not see a single complete mammal skeleton from the dinosaur layers displayed at any of these museums. This is amazing." See this documented in Dr. Carl Werner's tremendous DVD, Living Fossils!
* Crocodiles and Mammals Ate Dinosaurs: Of course. Evolutionists are not surprised that crocodiles ate dinosaurs. But their "age of the repitles" narrative left them needing to "revolutionize" their thinking when they realized, as reported in the journal Nature and in National Geographic, that mammals ate dinosaur. (See excerpts below including that while dinosaurs roamed mammals were much bigger (of course) than the rodent-size claimed for them.
* Squid Ink Correction: Bob Enyart starts the show with a correction about the allegedly "150-million" year old squid fossil which did NOT have liquid ink as Bob had erroneously stated. The media reported that, "the black ink was of exactly the same structure as that of today’s version," but it was rehydrated with amonia and water to be used as ink. See the full correction. And as Dr. Carl Wieland writes about why this ink is not millions of years old, "Chemical structures 'fall apart' all by themselves over time due to the randomizing effects of molecular motion."
- Bone Valley: Just as Yellowstone's interpretive sign has now been removed that had wrongly presented a just-so story of the repeated appearances and destructions of forests which had supposedly left behind a handful of petrified trees on more than a dozen strata, the Bone Valley story will eventually be dropped also. Fossilized marine and land animals, from sharks and whales to mammoths and saber-toothed cats, to many marine and land plants, tell the story of the global flood from central Florida. Tom DeRosa reports on Bone Valley at the University of South Carolina Lancaster, South Carolina, in the CRS Conference Abstracts.
* Lucy in the Skull 1470 with C14 in Diamonds: Huh? Bob and Fred enjoy recollecting some Lucy and Skull 1470 trivia. And see our List of Not So Old Things as for the Carbon-14 in diamonds.
Today’s Resource: You'll just love the science DVDs, books, and written, audio or video debates we offer through our Real Science Radio broadcasts! So have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out Bob most highly-recommended astronomy DVD, What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy! And see Walt Brown’s great hardcover book, In the Beginning! You’ll also love Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate. Just click to order any of our BEL science products or call us at 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278).
* Special Editions of Real Science Radio:
- BEL's famous List of Not So Old Things
- Bob's debate with Christian Darwinist British author James Hannam
- PZ Myers blogs against Real Science Radio so we hit back with the PZ Trochlea Challenge
- Waiting for Darwin's Other Shoe: Science mag cover: Darwin Was Wrong on the Tree of Life
- Microbiologist in Studio: Creation Research Society Quarterly editor on new genetic findings
- Caterpillar Kills Atheism: describe how a bug could evolve to liquefy itself and then build itself into a flying creature
- And see the RSR Offer of $2,000 to get 16 letters of the alphabet in their correct places; $500 paid in 1998; $1,500 in 2010...
* National Geographic Dinner Menu: Excerpts from NG's Dinosaur Found in Mammal’s Belly...
Early mammals were not only bigger than previously thought—some were carnivores and hunted small dinosaurs for dinner.
...two mammals that lived around 130 million years ago... will revolutionize current thinking about... a time when both dinosaurs and mammals arose.
...incredibly well-preserved fossil—of an early mammal... had the remains of a small dinosaur in its belly...
The second fossil... is 50 percent larger... Until now R. robustus was the largest known mammal of the Mesozoic era.
...the first hard evidence that Mesozoic mammals were more than the rat-size plant- and insect-eating creatures that they have long been portrayed to be... "giving us a drastically new picture..." said Jim Meng, associate curator... American Museum of Natural History.
The R. giganticus... a young adult that weighed about 30 pounds... was more than 3 feet (1 meter) long... the size and shape of a small- to medium-size modern-day dog... larger than most species of living [extant] mammals."
...the dinosaur was about one-third the size of the R. robustus that ate it.
Rethinking the Mesozoic
As little as two decades ago, schools taught that the dinosaurs ruled the Earth from 248 million years ago until some still-unknown catastrophic event caused their extinction around 65 million years ago.
Mammals also evolved during this period. [RSR asks, when was that first taught?]
... Mammals were not thought to have grown much bigger than rats until after the dinosaurs were gone.
* Bone was Always Bone: A 2013 paper in the journal Bone which announced the first confirmed discovery of dinosaur DNA (from a T. rex), also referenced a 2007 Journal of Paleontology paper that studied what is claimed to be the "oldest" bone fossil discovered from the "late" Devonian. In reality, with a margin of error as long as the age of each specific animal, all of the bones recovered from the vast amount of strata in the world, which were deposited by the global flood, are the same age. The 2007 paper discovered what creationism of course predicts, that the "earliest" bone (allegedly ~360Myo) had sophisticated features that we find in living creatures today, including the branching channels between the lacunae. Pockets (lacunae) are the many microscopic spaces systematically located in bone which house bone cells called osteocytes. Those amazing bone cells, communicating with one another through the multi-purpose canals that connect the lacunae, maintain the bone including with preprogrammed responses to particular kinds of onging stress. As Mary Schweitzer's team put in:
"Bone as a tissue is first evidenced in the fossil record in ostracoderms; jawless, heavily armored fish of the Devonian (~417–354 million years ago). Even then, it is recognized as bone by the presence of osteocyte lacunae and radiating, interconnected canaliculi..." Schweitzer, et al. p. 414
(To be hyper-cautious, regarding microstructures within dinosaur bone, the 2013 authors put single quotes around the words 'cell' and around 'osteocyte'. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... These are actual osteocytes, having the appearance of osteocytes, located in bone where osteocytes are expected, and containing protein specific to osteocytes. It's a duck.) As for original biological osteocytes from the T. rex and hadrosaur fossils that Schweitzer's team worked with:
... ‘osteocytes’ isolated from long bones of two different dinosaurs (Fig. 1A–F) by demineralization are con- sistent in morphology and location to osteocytes derived from other vertebrates . The cells vary, but most are somewhat flattened, and all contain branching projections that radiate from the cell bodies in three dimensions. Schweitzer, et al. p. 416
Monthly Sermon MP3-CDs
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon Videos
Monthly Bible Study Audios
Monthly Bible Study Videos
Monthly Topical Videos
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library