* Christian, This Show Can Knock Your Socks Off: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present amazing Scripture passages and many common biblical phrases regarding God's relationship to time. Also, the guys point out that the things that the Bible repeatedly says about "time" is almost completely ignored, whereas most Christian theologians uncritically accept and repeat what pagan humanist philosophers have said about time. Go figure!
* INITIAL FEEDBACK: Listeners who agree with today's program are telling us here at RSR that they love today's show. Of course, many listeners disagree, but we are hearing from some of the folks who disagree that they thought that we would be using humanist and an anti-physics arguments, but that they were suprised that our presentation from Scripture seemed substantive and that we certainly did not ignore the challenge from modern physics. Thank you to everyone who consider what Fred Williams and Bob Enyart have to offer on this foundational matter!
* Pagan Greek Philosophers Have Said that God Is:
- in an eternal now,
- not was, nor will be, but only is,
- has no past
- has no future.
Of course NOT ONE of these phrases is in the Bible. They're from Plato. And they're uncritically repeated by the Christian authors of typical systematic theology textbooks, and therefore, taught to young ministers in seminary.
In contrast, the Bible's statements about God and time are totally different. The phrases in the Scriptures all speak of God existing through unending time and an everlasting duration. The above timelessness terms are foreign to the reader of God's Word, whereas the Bible's many terms, as listed below, are all so very familiar from our reading of Scripture.
* The Bible Says about Time that God Is:
Everlasting - From of old - Before ever He had formed the earth - The Ancient of Days - Before the world was - From before the ages of the ages - From ancient times - He continues forever - Remains forever - Immortal - The Lord shall endure forever - Forever and ever - Who lives forever - God’s years - manifest in His own time - God who is - Alive forevermore - Who was - Who is to come - Always lives - Forever - In the age to come - Continually - God’s years never end - From everlasting to everlasting - From that time forward, even forever - And of His kingdom there will be no end.
Of course ALL THESE are verbatim phrases from Scripture. NOT ONE MEANS TIMELESSNESS. Rather, they mean unending duration. So the Bible teaches the opposite of pagan Greek philosophy. (This is not surprising seeing, for example, that in Plato's Republic he says the state should decide when a woman can have a baby; that at birth the state should permanently take away babies from their parents; and that a baby born without the state's consent should be killed.)
For more about Time, God, the Bible, and physics, listen to this program, and then check out our article at kgov.com/is-God-outside-of-time.
For today's show RSR recommends
Bob Enyart's Life's Work: The Plot
The overview of the Bible is the key to its details!.
Today’s Resource: Normally we'd recommend from our online store a science DVD, debate, or book in our RSR Science Department that you will love and that will also help us meet our 2013 web telethon goal to keep our science program on the air! But today we suggest something very different, yet foundational to a clear worldview, an overview of the Bible which we offer in The Plot! To order that or any of our BEL and 3rd-party resources, just click on our store or call us at 1-800-8Enyart.
* The Bible Gets Easier to Understand: This book is Bob Enyart's life's work. Apparent contradictions plague many Bible students. In The Plot, Enyart set out to demonstrate how hundreds of such contradictions disappear when the reader applies the big picture of the Bible to its details. Tunnel vision focuses so narrowly on a problem that the solution often lies just out of view. As the pastor of Denver Bible Church, Bob Enyart teaches Christians how to use the whole counsel of God to understand the plot of the Bible and solve biblical mysteries. As with all of our BEL resources, The Plot comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. And as we become proficient in the big picture, that is, the overview of the story of the Bible, then countless details become increasingly clear!
* The Plot on Audio: Far better than an audio book, for those who prefer to listen (while they walk, job, drive, or work) rather than reading, you can listen to Bob Enyart teach through the fascinating topics in his book in this Plot Audio Set.
* The Plot Boys: For kids ages eleven and up (and their parents :), check out The Plot Boys! Bob Enyart recorded these wonderful programs with two young Bible students, Josh and Stephen, ages 11 and 12, both of whom are being used of God to promote a Christian, biblical worldview! (There's enough material in The Plot Boys for a home-school family to listen to these studies for an entire year's Bible course.
So For Today's Resource: Please consider getting Bob's life's work: The Plot!
March is BEL Telethon Month
We're at $5,800 of our $25,000 goal. Thank you! Please consider one or more of our monthly subscriptions that will not only help support BEL, they will also help to better understand the Bible and equip you to be a better witness to those around you.
One-Time Donation: Anywhere from $5 to $1,000, please click here. Thanks!
Buy a Great BEL Resource: BEL videos, Bible studies, seminars, debates, etc., just click here. Thanks!
Monthly Sermons: Enjoy all of Bob's sermons from the month on Sermon Video DVDs, great also to watch with the family. Or, get these on Sermon Audio CDs which are standard audio Compact Discs that will play on any CD player including the one in your car. Or get them on a single Sermon MP3-CD which will play on an MP3 player, in a DVD player, or in your computer.
Monthly Bible Studies: Enjoy the Scriptures with Bob's Monthly Bible Study DVDs, great too for a small group Bible study. Or get these teachings on a single Monthly Bible Study Audio MP3- CD which will play on an MP3 player, in a DVD player, or in your computer.
Monthly Topical Videos: Coming to your mailbox, you'll get a Monthly Topical DVD to enjoy one of Bob's great videos specially selected to be entertaining and to teach about life from a biblical worldview.
Monthly Best of Bob Shows: Every month our crew selects the eight best BEL shows of the month! For the folks who might have missed some of them, we mail them out on the Best of Bob MP3-CD.
Monthly BEL TV Classics: Enjoy Bob Enyart's timeless, popular TV show delivered to your home on the Monthly BEL TV Classics DVDs with great audio and video clarity thanks to our state-of-the-art mastering from the studio-quality Sony beta tapes to DVD!
Monthly Donation: For folks who just want to make sure that Bob Enyart Live stays on the air, please consider making a pledge in the form of a Monthly Donation.
You can subscribe online or by calling 1-800-8Enyart (303-463-7789).
* Free Gift: When you subscribe to any monthly subscription or monthly donation, or a one-time donation of $50 or more, we will send you as a gift your choice of any BEL video or audio resource from our KGOV Store!