* If You Haven't Signed the Colorado Personhood Petition: Virtually everyone at the RMCF meeting signed Colorado's Brady Amendment personhood petition! Why are creationists are pro-life? Because they know that we haven't evolved from animals, but we're made in God's image! If you haven't yet signed please call Colorado RTL at 303-753-9394 to get a petition mailed to you. And if you're out of state, PLEASE call CRTL or go to their ColoradoRTL.org site and click on donate to give for the petition drive! Thanks.-Bob Enyart
RSR: Walt Brown on the Grand Canyon
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Two Lakes Breached: Grand Lake and Hopi Lakes, lifted high by the Colorado Plateau, breached their natural damns, and emptied out removing 2,000 cubic miles of sediment from above the Grand Canyon, and then carved out the 800 cubic miles of the canyon itself.
* Marble Canyon Formed Differently: than the Grand Canyon. Grand Lake poured out removing a massive funnel-shaped slice of earth above the area of Marble Canyon, and with that enormous weight removed, the strata below bowed upward, and the earth cracked, forming Marble Canyon not primarily by rapid erosion (as the Grand Canyon formed), but as a tensile crack. Grand Lake waters flowing southwest beyond Marble Canyon joined with Hopi Lake waters and eroded the Grand Canyon.
* The Massive Side Canyons: of the Grand Canyon mystify geologists, having formed with no apparent water source, as though there are more than a dozen missing Colorado Rivers. Yet the formation of the side canyons is understood easily by realizing that as the Earth was drying out after the Global Flood, the terrain around the canyon was still saturated, with a high water table, the water comprising perhaps one fifth of the strata by volume. As the breached lake waters carved out the Canyon, subsurface waters carved the side canyons!
* Mesas, Buttes, and Spires: elude explanation until considering the post-flood conditions during their origin. As Grand Lake drained, its water-saturated sub-floor yielded up its waters. As the enormous pressure of the lake waters was removed, the water beneath began to flow upward, as a massive artesian aquifer, now free to flow vertically upward, eroding the lake floor but leaving the islands in the lakes (the areas of greater resistance) relatively unaffected, which islands became buttes and spires.
* Discoverer of Grand Lake: In 1987, Walt Brown discovered Grand Lake, and saw that when Grand Lake breached, it undercut Hopi Lake, and the combined waters carved the Grand Canyon. The explanation of the formation of the canyon had eluded both creationists and uniformitarian geologists. However, as the author of the Hydroplate Theory, Walt Brown has gained insights into the macro-effects of geologic catastrophe, and that experience enabled him to see the simple explanation of the formation of the Grand Canyon! Now, not only can mankind understand the formation of the canyon, but many other seemingly-unrelated geographic features of the American southwest can be understood related directly to the origin of the Grand Canyon, including slot canyons, barbed canyons, and even Petrified Forest National Park!
* Our Favorite Scientist: Here at BEL, Walt Brown is our favorite scientist! He wrote the best-selling book, In the Beginning, about creation, evolution, and the global flood and the solar system! Walt received a Ph.D. from MIT, and has taught science at the U.S. Air Force Academy.
* Ask questions or make comments: specifically about this Walt Brown program, at TheologyOnline.com!
Today's Resource: Get an autographed copy of Dr. Walt Brown's fabulous book, In the Beginning! Order by clicking the link, or calling us at 800-8Enyart (800 836-9278)!
Monthly Sermon MP3-CDs
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon Videos
Monthly Bible Study Audios
Monthly Bible Study Videos
Monthly Topical Videos
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library