Now you can hear Real Science Radio on your smartphone or iPad with the SoundCloud app!
RSR: Faster in Air than on Sand
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Lizards Move Quickly on Sand: Engineers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have copied God's design for lizard locomotion on sand and transferred it to a robot called SandBot. The lizards, like other creatures, move their limbs so quickly as they run that they would get stuck in the sand except that, as God designed them, while their feet are in contact with the sand, those limbs move relatively more slowly to provide stability, and when they pick their foot up, they move much more quickly through the air to get them in place for the next step. (If this is confusing, just watch Bob demonstrate it on today's program :) The discipline of biomimetics helps to create technologies to improve the lives of human beings by copying God's design in nature, such as by the automobile industry from the boxfish, and quieter computer fans inspired by owls wings!
* After Catastrophes, Naturally-formed Rafts Transport Animals: Rubber duckies, too. Far!
* Nobel Prize Winning Chemist Rejects Evolution: The discoverer of the buckyball (see image below), a form of carbon that looks like a soccer ball or a geodesic dome, Dr. Rick Smalley, had always assumed that the science behind his education in evolution was rigorous. But after hearing a lecture at Rice University on intelligent design, Dr. Smalley began studying Darwinism for himself and was angered at the poor quality of what passes for evolutionary "science". At first he became a theistic evolutionist, but then realized that there is not even evidence for evolution, even with the assumption that God started it. Dr. Smalley eventually rejected Darwinism altogether, became a born-again Christian, gave a strong anti-evolution talk in 2004 at Tuskegee University, and received a standing ovation. He died in 2005 as an old-earth creationist, which means that Rick is now a young earth creationist. :)
Today’s Resource: You'll just love the science DVDs, books, and written, audio or video debates we offer through our Real Science Radio broadcasts! So have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out Bob most highly-recommended astronomy DVD, What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy! And see Walt Brown’s great hardcover book, In the Beginning! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with the infamous anti-creationist Dr. Eugenie Scott. And if you have young kids or grand kids, you owe it to them and to yourself to give them as a gift the SUPERB kids' radio programming on audio CD, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendous Creation magazine and if you're up to reading more technical scientific articles, you'll also want to subscribe to CRSQ! And to order any of our BEL science products by phone, just call us at 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278).
* Special Editions of Real Science Friday:
- BEL's famous List of Not-So-Old Things
- Bob's debate with Christian Darwinist British author James Hannam
- PZ Myers blogs against Real Science Radio so we hit back with the PZ Trochlea Challenge
- Waiting for Darwin's Other Shoe: Science mag cover: Darwin Was Wrong on the Tree of Life
- Microbiologist in Studio: Creation Research Society Quarterly editor on new genetic findings
- Caterpillar Kills Atheism: describe how a bug could evolve to liquefy itself and then build itself into a flying creature
- And see the RSR Offer of $2,000 to get 16 letters of the alphabet in their correct places; $500 paid in 1998; $1,500 in 2010...
BEL Topical Videos
Bible Studies (Audio)
Bible Studies (Video)
BEL Audio Library
BEL Video Library
BEL Classic TV Library
RSR: Lawrence Krauss with a Young Earther
RSR: List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit
RSR: Carbon 14 Everywhere It Shouldn't Be
Stephen Meyer & Darwin's Doubt on RSR
RSR's List of Evidence Against the Big Bang
RSR's Enyart vs. Eugenie Scott on Junk DNA
RSR's 2014 List of Not So Old Things
RSR: Jonathan Sarfati on Richard Dawkins
Real Science Radio: Origin of Language
RSR: Steve Austin on Mt. St Helens in Studio
Enyart Debates Hannam on Theistic Evolution
RSR: Planets and Spike Psarris vs. Phil Plait