Last Five Pre-Election Callers
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Gloria, if McCain is lying: would you want to know? That's the question Bob asked this Christian pro-life voter to conclude this last BEL show before the election. Also talking about the election are Mark from Wheat Ridge, and Ron, David, and Lorraine from Denver.
* Colorado RTL Replies to Gazette: Dear Editor: Please Gazette, don't take our side. Retract your endorsement of the Personhood initiative (Gazette, The Case for Amendment 48, Oct. 29, 2008) which we are working so hard to pass. Colorado Right To Life rebukes the Gazette for its utter lack of humility before our Creator God. In your endorsement you acknowledge that the unborn child is a living human being, a person, and recommend a Yes vote. But then you claim that if society wants to kill those kids, you give the example of a Down syndrome child, then so be it; let them be killed. We rebuke you. There is no bottom to that abyss. Worse even than Obama saying he doesn't know when human life begins, is McCain saying that rights begin at conception and then funding as he does the killing of countless unborn. Human beings are not animals. Fish eat other fish. The rights of Blacks don't come from a white-dominated government, nor do the rights of Jews come from Germans, nor do a child's rights come from a mob or a majority. An unborn girl's rights come from her Creator, not at birth, but at the moment of her creation. The Gazette says, yes, these tiny children are people, but go ahead and kill them. Please, don't take our side. -Joe Riccobono, President, Colorado Right To Life
* Excerpts: from the Gazette's pro-abortion Yes on 48 editorial:
* ...laws protect the right of mothers to commission abortions even in the third trimester [and] because the parents have discovered a fetus has Down syndrome...
* Whether that [fetus] has a right to continue living, against his or her mother's will, was long ago decided.
* The decision has withstood... indisputable evidence that shows us a fetus is a person.
* If abortion laws... [a]re based in a societal decision that unborn humans have limited rights, then abortion laws are safe.
* Extraordinary Post-show Update: Doug Phillip's widely-influential Vision Forum has come out with a warning about John McCain's pro-abortion record and a rebuke of National RTL falsely representing McCain as a defender of unborn children. "We agree with the National Right to Life Committee's conclusion of eight years ago - a position that they have now suppressed due to political expediency - that 'John McCain Threatens the Pro-Life Cause.'" True. Bob Enyart Live thanks Doug Phillips and report authors Wesley Strackbein and Bob Renaud.
* UK Media Picture of the Day from ARTL: Did you see this great photo of American RTL's sign on the mountain condemning the DNC?
* See this Extraordinary Personhood TV Ad: There is a fire in a clinic. See what happens next...
* Joe the Plumber Says Alan Keyes Can Fix US: Again, listen to the audio of Joe from Ohio saying that Alan Keyes could fix this country in two years, and see the AP video!
* American RTL Action Presidential Voter's Guide: about McCain's pro-abortion record is perfect for emailing to a friend for the election!
* Other Interviews including:
- Los Angeles: Gregg Jackson's interview of Alan Keyes and John Haskins (must-listen radio)
- NPR: Bob Enyart on National Public Radio's All Things Considered exposing pro-abortion Romney: 4-minute audio, transcript
- Des Moines: Steven Deace's interview of David Barton about the current election
- 14 Swedish editorial writers at Denver's historic Brown Palace with Bob Enyart and friends defending personhood (articles so far: Kristianstadsbladet; Allehanda)
- The Al Jazeera (of all things) English-language network out of Washington D.C. sent a reporter and cameraman to Denver Bible Church as part of a report on Colorado's personhood amendment; see http://Aljezeera.net/English tomorrow, Wed. Oct. 29 at noon
- See Bob Enyart's defense on C-SPAN of Amendment 48
- The BBC's two-hour TV interview last week with Brian Rohrbough, president of American RTL; stay tuned to KGOV to find out about any resultant BBC report.
* Focus II: An organization at the domain name "andthenyoucankillthebaby.com" doesn't want you to see the groundbreaking DVD, Focus on the Strategy II. You may want to check it out anyway!
Today's Resource: Have you seen the Government Department at our KGOV Store? We are featuring Bruce Shortt's vitally-important book, The Harsh Truth about Public Schools. And also, check out the classic God's Criminal Justice System seminar, God and the Death Penalty, Live from Las Vegas, and Bob on Drugs DVDs, and our powerhouse Focus on the Strategy resources! And if you subscribe to the BEL Televised Classics, you will see this debate on TV, since it is one of the many extraordinary programs that come to your home on DVD when you subscribe!