Now you can hear Real Science Radio on your smartphone or iPad with the SoundCloud app!
Colorado 'Gay' Law Bans Christian Teaching
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
May 29, 2008 Update: With the ACLU's tacit support, on May 29, 2008 Governor Bill Ritter signed Colorado's censorship Bill. See:
- the full text of the bill below, or
- this official pdf from leg.state.co.us produce by Colorado Legislative Services, or
- on the state's official online (but absurdly difficult to navigate) Colorado Revised Statues, 24-34-701, or
- see a simple jpg screen shot of section 701.
C.R.S. 24-34-701 states: "Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden. No person... shall publish... any communication... of any kind... intended... to discriminate... against... sexual orientation [or] marital status [i.e., cohabitation]." Thus Colorado has a censorship bill against the teaching of traditional Christian morality. Bob Enyart has predicted that the state will not even attempt to enforce this statute until it's been on the books for a long time and until it finds an especially unsympathetic defendant to persecute.
* Colorado Senate Bill 200: Focus on the Family described this as a bathroom bill that would allow men into women's restrooms. Bob Enyart Live has warned, sadly as a lone voice, that SB 200 doesn't just mess with public restrooms, and that such a characterization misses the danger. When Governor Bill Ritter signed SB 200, Colorado enacted into law the foundation for America's most far-reaching, hostile homosexual attack on Christians. Endorsed by the beautiful people, in the name of tolerance and diversity, C.R.S. 24-34-701 outlaws the diversity and free speech (of Bible-believers) and outlaws tolerance (of evangelicals). Read and be stunned at the hatred and intolerance of the homosexual activists:
COLORADO SENATE BILL 08-200 CONCERNING THE EXPANSION OF PROHIBITIONS AGAINST DISCRIMINATION Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Colorado:
SECTION 1. Legislative declaration. The general assembly hereby finds, determines, and declares that nothing in this act is intended to impede or otherwise limit the protections contained in section 4 of article II of the state constitution concerning the free exercise and enjoyment of religious profession and worship. [Yeah, right.]
SECTION 2. 24-34-301, Colorado Revised Statutes Definitions. (7) "SEXUAL ORIENTATION" MEANS A PERSON'S ORIENTATION TOWARD HETEROSEXUALITY, HOMOSEXUALITY, BISEXUALITY, OR TRANSGENDER STATUS OR ANOTHER PERSON'S PERCEPTION THEREOF.
SECTION 4. 24-34-501 Colorado Revised Statutes Definitions. "Person" [means] any owner, lessee, proprietor, manager, employee, or any agent of a person...
SECTION 5. 24-34-502. Unfair housing practices prohibited. (1) It shall be an unfair housing practice and unlawful and hereby prohibited: (a) For any person to refuse to show, sell, transfer, rent, or lease, or to refuse to receive and transmit any bona fide offer to buy, sell, rent, or lease, or otherwise make unavailable or deny or withhold from any person such housing because of ... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status...
SECTION 6. 24-34-601. Discrimination in places of public accommodation. ... (1) "place of public accommodation" means any place of business engaged in any sales to the public and any place offering services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations to the public... "PLACE OF PUBLIC ACCOMMODATION" SHALL NOT INCLUDE A CHURCH, SYNAGOGUE, MOSQUE, OR OTHER PLACE THAT IS PRINCIPALLY USED FOR RELIGIOUS PURPOSES. (2) It is a discriminatory practice and unlawful for a person, directly or indirectly, to refuse, withhold from, or deny to an individual or a group, because of... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation or, directly or indirectly, to publish, circulate, issue, display, post, or mail any written, ELECTRONIC, or printed communication, notice, or advertisement THAT indicates that the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation will be refused, withheld from, or denied an individual or that an individual's patronage or presence at a place of public accommodation is unwelcome, objectionable, unacceptable, or undesirable because of... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status...
SECTION 7. 24-34-602. Penalty and civil liability. (1) Any person who violates any of the provisions of section 24-34-601 ...by aiding or inciting such denial, for every such offense, shall forfeit and pay a sum of not... nor more than five hundred dollars to the person aggrieved... and also (2) ... THE person is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not... nor more than three hundred dollars, or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than one year, or by both...
SECTION 8. 24-34-701. Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden. No person, being the owner, lessee, proprietor, manager, superintendent, agent, or employee of any place of public accommodation... shall publish, issue, circulate, send, distribute, give away, or display in any way, manner, or shape or by any means or method, except as provided in this section, any communication, paper, poster, folder, manuscript, book, pamphlet, writing, print, letter, notice, or advertisement of any kind, nature, or description THAT is intended or calculated to discriminate or actually discriminates against... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... in the matter of furnishing or neglecting or refusing to furnish to them or any one of them any lodging, housing, schooling, or tuition or any accommodation, right [marriage], privilege [adoption], advantage, or convenience... on account of... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... [which] is unwelcome or objectionable or not acceptable, desired, or solicited.
SECTION 21. Colorado Revised Statutes 22-30.5-104. Charter school - requirements - authority. (3) A charter school shall be subject to... provisions prohibiting discrimination on the basis of... SEXUAL ORIENTATION...
SECTION 23. Colorado Revised Statutes 22-32-109. Board of education - specific duties. ... (ll) TO ADOPT WRITTEN POLICIES SPECIFYING THAT: (I) THE SCHOOLS IN THE DISTRICT ARE SUBJECT TO... PROVISIONS PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF... SEXUAL ORIENTATION...
SECTION 36. Colorado Revised Statutes 39-22-304. Net income of corporation. (2) There shall be added to federal taxable income... (e) (I) Any expenses incurred by a taxpayer... at... a club... which has a policy to restrict membership on the basis of sex, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS... CREED, religion...
Peter C. Groff Andrew Romanoff
PRESIDENT OF SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE
THE SENATE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Bill Ritter, Jr.
GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
* Illegal BEL Flyer: Bob has been distributing this illegal Christian flyer including at Denver's People's Fair and at the Colorado State Capitol giving copies of the contraband to Governor Bill Ritter's staff and to officials with the Colorado State Police.
* American RTL Press Release: ARTL publicly offers $10,000 cash to National RTL to name a single pro-life Justice currently sitting on the U.S. Supreme Court. Their press release making that offer appears in more than fifty media outlets and ministry sites including Yahoo, Denver Post, Covenant News, ALL.org, ProLifeAmerica.com, CNBC, etc.
* Please Help Bob with a Personhood Project: If you can, please volunteer to help Bob on one of these projects:
- Team131: if you're able to spend at least five hours at your PC helping with a vital online project!
- Travel: if you can travel outside the state, for a few days and cover your own expenses, Bob is leading a team on a very important out-of-state mission in support of Colorado's personhood amendment effort! Would you like to go?
Today's Resources: By subscribing to the Monthly Sermons resource, every month the U.S. Mail will deliver Bob's sermons to your door. Also, you can consider subscribing to the BEL Televised Classics on DVD (to see the educational and often hilarious, and sometimes intense, episodes from Bob's nationally syndicated TV show). And you can subscribe to our monthly Bible Study Albums, or our monthly topical Videos! In fact, you could also sign up to donate monthly to BEL. These resource subscriptions will help you grow spiritually and intellectually! So many have reported that the biblical knowledge they gain from these resources is so practical that it has helped them improve: their marriages and other relationships, parenting and grand-parenting, work relationships, evangelizing, and so many general life skills! And of course, subscribing to one or more of these services will not only help you, at the same time you will be helping KGOV continue to reach more people with our biblically-based worldview!
BEL Topical Videos
Bible Studies (Audio)
Bible Studies (Video)
BEL Audio Library
BEL Video Library
BEL Classic TV Library