Personhood Amendment Makes Colorado Ballot
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* Yahoo News: American RTL Elated at Historic Development: At Yahoo:
Unborn Personhood on Colorado Ballot!
DENVER, May 29 -- "For the first time in forty years of 'legalized' child killing, pro-lifers have moved an entire state to consider the God-given right to life of the unborn," said Brian Rohrbough, president of American RTL. "We thank sponsor Kristi Burton of Colorado for Equal Rights, the 500 participating churches, and Colorado RTL for getting personhood on the November ballot."
Today the Colorado Secretary of State's office validated 103,000 signatures on human life petitions, 27,000 more than required to force a statewide vote. If passed, the Colorado constitution would define 'person' as "any human being from the moment of fertilization."
"Abortion is wrong because it's a baby; it's always wrong to intentionally kill a baby," said Rohrbough, "even when its father is a criminal, as with incest."
American RTL has launched its Colorado personhood campaign with a rebuttal to the so-called 'hard cases' of abortion for incest.
"The abortion clinic covers up the crime of incest, and typically sends the victim back home to her rapist," the group's website states. "Even worse, they often send her home with her rapist, the criminal who brought her to the clinic."
"There are no 'hard cases'," said Steve Curtis, the group's vice president and former chair of the Colorado Republican Party. "Abortion for incest emboldens a criminal to rape his young relative, helps him escape being caught, tempts him to repeat his crime, and is not compassionate because it kills a baby and increases the woman's suffering." Rohrbough added, "Personhood for the unborn helps people understand there are no hard cases when deciding to protect a baby; you don't kill the baby because her father is a criminal."
"Abortion clinics nationwide refuse to comply with mandatory reporting laws for suspected child rape," said Jo Scott, director of Pro-Life Colorado. "We brought audio taped evidence provided by Life Dynamics of that failure to the Colorado attorney general's office, and they choose to look the other way; personhood for the unborn will reduce crimes against women and children."
"American RTL applauds the dozens of Colorado politicians and candidates who have publicly endorsed the personhood amendment," says AmericanRTL.org, "and urges all Christians, pro-life leaders and organizations to support personhood as the only foundation on which to reverse the de-criminalization of killing unborn children." NOTE: Jo Scott was in studio helping BEL report today's historic news!
Post-show Note: Today, the Colorado Governor Signed a Homosexual Law Attacking Christians: Governor Ritter on May 29, 2008 signed into law the stealth Senate Bill 08-200 which in an attack on free speech and Christian teaching, amends as follows Colorado state law: "Section 8. 24-34-701. Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden. No person, being the owner, lessee, proprietor, manager, superintendent, agent, or employee of any place of public accommodation... shall publish, issue, circulate, send, distribute, give away, or display in any way, manner, or shape or by any means or method, except as provided in this section, any communication, paper, poster, folder, manuscript, book, pamphlet, writing, print, letter, notice, or advertisement of any kind, nature, or description THAT is intended or calculated to discriminate or actually discriminates against... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... in the matter of furnishing or neglecting or refusing to furnish to them or any one of them any lodging, housing, schooling, or tuition or any accommodation, right [marriage], privilege [adoption], advantage, or convenience... on account of... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... [which] is unwelcome or objectionable or not acceptable, desired, or solicited."
Dr. James Dobson's Focus on the Family has been opposing a cartoon-version of this law, complaining that it will allow men in women's restrooms. While this may be true, it was certainly not the intent of the majority of the wicked and naïve legislators who voted for SB 200; and further, the bathroom jurisdiction is the least consequential of the law's attack on the Christian. Why has Dr. Dobson focused on the bathroom stall and ignored that SB 200 criminalizes the publishing of Christian teaching on homosexuality? In 1993, Focus vice president Tom Minnery and their public policy group, along with the well-meaning but short-sighted Will Perkins and Kevin Tebedo at Colorado for Family Values, steered the Body of Christ down a tragic path of appeasement with humanists and homosexuals by caving in to gay political correctness. In a statewide Colorado campaign on Amendment 2, Dr. Dobson actually advocated, this is shocking even to recall, "equal rights for homosexuals." That initiative, reasonably designed to stall the homosexual agenda, succeeded by passing with 54% of the vote, a statewide majority, bolstered by Dr. James Dobson's unwise but opportunistic campaign slogan of "equal rights" for homosexuals. Winning the battle gave Christians a short-lived victory that cost them the war. Since Dr. Dobson advocated "equal rights" for homosexuals, he has lost his standing to recognize, let alone oppose, the real devastation of Colorado's SB 200, the criminalizing of traditional Christian and biblical teaching on homosexuality. If the bill's sponsors would amend it protecting toilets from cross-gender intrusion, it seems Focus on the Family would be at a loss to continue their criticism. Because Dr. Dobson has trusted lawyers, moral relativists and secular humanists to direct Christianity's current spiritual warfare, increasingly believers are looking elsewhere for substantive political, moral, and spiritual leadership. Thus, Christians oppose a cartoon version of this sweeping anti-Christian law, complaining that it will allow men in women's toilets, when in reality, SB 200 is the most far-reaching, hostile homosexual attack on Christians America has ever seen. The May 22, 2008 Bob Enyart Live show has more information.
As for that short-lived Amendment 2 victory, it was overturned with the help of a prominent Washington D.C. law partner who in 1995 specialized in oral arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court. Years later, Dr. Dobson actually lobbied for that attorney, John Roberts, to be confirmed as chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Dobson was an apologist for this Republican, but manifestly anti-Christian, lawyer, arguing a decade later in 2005 on his Focus on the Family radio program that Christians should support Roberts' confirmation because he could not be held responsible for his volunteer work for the homosexual group that sued to reverse Colorado's Amendment 2. Dr. Dobson stated that Roberts' pro-homosexual activism in reversing that rare godly vote of the people was the equivalent of a secretary processing papers for her boss, in that she would have no responsibility for their content. Ignoring the situational ethics claim of that argument, Roberts wasn't a law clerk; he was a partner in a "prestigious" D.C. law firm, who knowingly and voluntarily helped the homosexuals pave the way for the eventual criminalization of Christian teaching. Thus, as proven in our DVDs, Focus on the Strategy I & II, Focus on the Family has adopted legal positivism, which is moral relativism in the court room, leaving them unable to provide godly Christian leadership until Dr. Dobson is replaced or repents.
The most effective way to reduce the number of Americans going to hell as a result of homosexuality is to restore God's application of the law against homosexuality (1 Tim. 1:8-9; see also Gal. 3:24-25; Rom. 3:19; and 7:7). All our founding fathers believed that homosexuality was a crime and the laws of America outlawed that behavior until the last few decades. These laws were consistent with Moses, the Old and New Testaments, all of Judeo-Christian history and American history. Hillary, Hollywood, humanists, homosexuals, politicians, the media and the public education system oppose these laws. We Christians should defend traditional biblical morality. Otherwise, we help the enemy achieve their number one agenda goal of the homosexual community, that of legitimizing homosexuality. For homosexuality destroys a thousand-fold more Americans than do Islamic terrorists. And Christians unwittingly help them destroy our families. The law is the great teacher and decriminalizing sodomy, adultery and fornication is making it harder to convince people of their sin and their need for forgiveness. It is therefore growing more difficult to share the Savior with a generation of Americans who no longer believe their promiscuity is sinful. Leaders must teach Christians to work toward recriminalizing homosexual behavior, to re-stigmatize it, and lastly, to encourage individual homosexuals to repent. You can learn more about this issue in our seminar, God's Criminal Justice System, and see how these truths help lead homosexuals to the Lord in our best-selling DVD, Terry's Call.
Update: Enyart Distributes Illegal Homosexual Flyers: On May 30, 2008 Bob Enyart distributed illegal anti-homosexual flyers at the Colorado State Capitol and gave copies of the contraband to Governor Bill Ritter's office workers. (You can download the flyer here.)
* Best Residential Protest in History: Led by Will, the founder of the Collaborators Project, twenty pro-life activists crashed a $275-a-plate Planned Parenthood fundraiser at a four million dollar Denver mansion. Child-killing collaborators had to drive under a 12-foot arch that read "Baby Killers" to get to the home of Joris 303 722-8810 and Regina 303 722-9969 Brinkerhoff, 1681 E Cedar Ave, Denver 80209, and the catered meal on the terrace was delayed for an hour and a half as the millionaire pro-aborts hoped the protesters would leave. A public alleyway allowed the Collaborators Project direct access to the home and the backyard. As the fifty pro-abort collaborators sheepishly ventured outside and sat down to dinner, Pastor Bob Enyart announced, "Now, we will say grace. Let us pray," and another minister with a gentle but powerful voice began the dinner program of prayers, worship and chants, including: "No child-killing with tranquility" and "Ripping arms off a baby is wrong." You are cordially invited to visit, write, or phone the Brinkerhoffs to urge them to stop helping to kill unborn children.
* Candidate Questionnaire Replies Online: check out the seven vital questions and the fascinating 2008 candidate replies at Colorado RTL!
* American RTL Road Trip to Billings: You're invited to hop on board the American RTL Road Trip to Billings and join Cal Zastrow, Bob Enyart, Jason Troyer, and other pro-life leaders on a road trip to support the troops as local residents collect signatures for Montana's personhood amendment at 49 polling places around the state's largest city. This first-of-its-kind ARTL Road Trip leaves from Denver Monday June 2 at 7:30 a.m. and will return Wednesday. You're invited to drive or fly to Billings to volunteer all day Tuesday June 3 by supporting this vital collection of signatures! Please call ARTL at 1-888-888-ARTL to donate a tank of gas $80, or to sponsor someone who can go in your place ($100), or to let them know that you'll be joining the ARTL Road Trip to Billings!
Post-show Note: * Colorado Governor Signs Homosexual Law Attacking Christians: Governor Bill Ritter today signed into law the stealth Senate Bill 08-200 which amends as follows Colorado state law: "Section 8. 24-34-701. Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden. No person, being the owner, lessee, proprietor, manager, superintendent, agent, or employee of any place of public accommodation... shall publish, issue, circulate, send, distribute, give away, or display in any way, manner, or shape or by any means or method, except as provided in this section, any communication, paper, poster, folder, manuscript, book, pamphlet, writing, print, letter, notice, or advertisement of any kind, nature, or description THAT is intended or calculated to discriminate or actually discriminates against... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... in the matter of furnishing or neglecting or refusing to furnish to them or any one of them any lodging, housing, schooling, or tuition or any accommodation, right [marriage], privilege [adoption], advantage, or convenience... on account of... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... [which] is unwelcome or objectionable or not acceptable, desired, or solicited." Christian ministries have been opposing a cartoon-version of this law, complaining that it will allow men in women's restrooms. In reality, this law is the most far-reaching, hostile homosexual attack on Christians America has seen. See last Thursday's BEL show for more information.
* Please Help Bob with a Personhood Project: If you can, please volunteer to help Bob on one of these projects:
- Team131: if you're able to spend at least five hours at your PC helping with a vital online project!
- Travel: if you can travel outside the state, in June, July, or August, for a few days and cover your own expenses, Bob will be traveling on very important out-of-state missions in support of Colorado's personhood amendment effort! Would you like to go? If so, please let ARTL know at 1-888-888-ARTL!
- Metro Team: if you're able to come out occasionally for an important project in the Denver area, please let Donna at CRTL know!
* Drive Denver's Truth Truck: Colorado Right To Life's Truth Truck coordinator, Vick Lopez, called into BEL to ask if you (yes, you!) can volunteer to drive. Please call CRTL at 303 753-9394 if you think you can drive their standard transmission Truth Truck on a two-hour route once every week or two!
* Collaborators Project Signup: Please consider signing up for the CollaboratorsProject.com email updates!
Today's Resources: By subscribing to the Monthly Sermons resource, every month the U.S. Mail will deliver Bob's sermons to your door. Also, you can consider subscribing to the BEL Televised Classics on DVD (to see the educational and often hilarious, and sometimes intense, episodes from Bob's nationally syndicated TV show). And you can subscribe to our monthly Bible Study Albums, or our monthly topical Videos! In fact, you could also sign up to donate monthly to BEL. These resource subscriptions will help you grow spiritually and intellectually! So many have reported that the biblical knowledge they gain from these resources is so practical that it has helped them improve: their marriages and other relationships, parenting and grand-parenting, work relationships, evangelizing, and so many general life skills! And of course, subscribing to one or more of these services will not only help you, at the same time you will be helping KGOV continue to reach more people with our biblically-based worldview!
BEL Topical Videos
Bible Studies (Audio)
Bible Studies (Video)
BEL Audio Library
BEL Video Library
BEL Classic TV Library