That "BLANK" Should Be Regulated by the States
Download: Dialup / Broadband Stream: Dialup / Broadband Comment: at TheologyOnline
* The New BIG LIE: From President Bush, Dick Cheney, Ron Paul, etc., committing ____________(fill-in-the-blank-with-any-atrocity-or-run-of-the-mill-crime) should be regulated by the states (i.e., could be de-criminalized). Bob wonders if these leaders would apply that kind of moral relativism only to America or to every nation on earth? Russia opposes killing Christians but lets its 21 republics decide. Germany opposes killing Jews but lets its 19 states decide. Japan opposes kidnapping women for prostitution but lets its 47 prefectures decide. Worldwide every nation's government is against abortion but each lets its provinces decide? Brilliant. And should the states follow Ron Paul's argument that these "difficult issues" are best decided at the local level, and perhaps California should allow L.A. and San Francisco to decide marry homosexuals and kill unborn children.
* Presidential Update: Colorado RTL vice president Leslie Hanks joins Bob in studio lamenting that there is no pro-life presidential candidate other than Ambassador Alan Keyes, and most people don't even know that he is running.
* Chicago Might Ban Zip Lock Bags: Bob reaches back in his memory, and wonders, which city banned, or attempted to ban, the following:
- spray paint,
- super soakers,
- silly string,
- first floor apartments (because a boy was shot to death from a first-floor window).
Now, a Chicago councilman is urging the city ban small zip lock bags because they are used by drug dealers. What's a liberal to do?
* Liberal Prof Agrees- Moses on Sinai was NOT a Legend: Benny Shanon, a professor of psychology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem wrote in the Time and Mind Journal of Philosophy and told Israeli public radio on Tuesday, "As far Moses on Mount Sinai is concerned, it was either a supernatural cosmic event, which I don't believe, or a legend, which I don't believe either, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Moses and the people of Israel under the effect of narcotics." Of course this unbeliever rejects the God of Abraham, but it is interesting to see the concession to a thousand archaeological finds that the basic story of the Old Testament, even as far back as Moses, is factual, i.e., not legend.
* Ron Paul won Re-election: Texans voted last night and Ron Paul won re-election. ARTL Action ran a full-page ad in the Sunday edition of the Victoria Advocate in Paul's 14th Congressional District. The ad is a devastating but accurate presentation of Ron Paul's promotion of tolerance of child killing by the federal government, that FILL-IN-THE-BLANK should be regulated by the states.
Post-show Note: Please realize when you hear conservative Christians up in arms this week over Obama's support for same-sex unions, that Obama's position is very similar to vice president Dick Cheney's (recall that Dr. James Dobson threatened to withhold support from G. W. Bush unless he selected a v. p. supportive of Christian values) and to president G. W. Bush's position.
* Obama Supports Same-Sex Unions: "I don't think it [a same-sex union] should be called marriage, but I think that it is a legal right that they should have that is recognized by the state," said Obama on the presidential campaign trail, Mar. 2, 2008.
* Bush Supports Same-Sex Unions: "I view the definition of marriage different from legal arrangements [but] I don't think we should deny people rights to a civil union, a legal arrangement, if that's what a state chooses to do," said Bush on the presidential campaign trail, Oct. 24, 2004.
* Cheney Supports Same-Sex Unions: "...people should be free to enter into any kind of relationship they want to enter into... that matter is regulated by the states... I try to be open-minded about it as much as I can and tolerant of those relationships," said Cheney on the campaign trail, Oct. 5, 2004.
* Jill Stanek is Taking a Poll on Personhood: On her very popular blog, Jill Stanek is taking the temperature of the pro-life movement, and so far, we're not quite at 98.6, but we're doing pretty well, and personhood, the #2 option, is coming on strong! Praise God!
Today's Resource: The movie, Get Out of the Matrix, has a parallel to the spiritual battle in that people prefer to live a lie than to know the truth. Notice the student who is morphing out of the matrix in this artwork on Bob's powerful DVD in which he debates an entire college philosophy class and their professor, it's called: Get out of the Matrix!