* 2017 Update on Now Famous Twin: Jacob and Esau are history's most famous twins. Then there was Christ's apostle, Thomas called Didymus. Now there's asteroid 65803 Didymos targeted by NASA and the European Space Agency for a test of planetary defense against near-earth objects that might come a bit too close for comfort. Since it's so very unlikely for an asteroid or comet to capture another body flying in space, why do such a high percentage of these have companions? Check out today's program and then rsr.org/comets.
* 2014 Update from Space.com: Small Asteroid Gives Earth a Close Shave, 3rd in 2 Days. When a 25-foot wide asteroid missed Earth by only 38,000 miles, Space.com wrote: "...today's close encounter was special in one sense — it came just one day after two other space-rock flybys", all three coming far closer to Earth than does the Moon. Find out how this asteroid trio may relate to the hydroplate theory in Kevin Lea's note below.
* 2013 Update: On this radio program, Bob and Kevin are proposing this interpretation as a hypothesis. In the meantime, here's a claim by a technical curmudgeon, with some worthwhile comments on both sides including a simulation of the meteor, suggesting that perhaps it partially orbited the Earth before succumbing to our atmosphere at the low inclination that it did.
* Heavens to Murgatroyd! Bob Enyart and Kevin Lea disagree with the Yale astronomy professor Meg Urry who believes that the near-earth asteroid DA14, and the meteorite impact in central Russia were a 1-in-100-million chance coincidence. Rather, Enyart and Lea are claiming that those two events were related, and perhaps also with the meteors sighted in Cuba, California, and then Miami. When the fountains of the great deep broke forth, water, rock, and debris were ejected from Earth. Enyart and Lea also talk about a leading geneticist's observation of the falling average IQ of human beings.
* Asteroid Prediction: Inspite of the extraordinarily difficult physics of capturing a moon, regardless, many asteroids are known to have moons. Even with that known, Lea and Enyart predict however that astronomers will continue to be surprised at the increasing number of asteroids found to with moons. (And for other predictions and fun programs, make sure to check out our realscienceradio.com.)
UPDATE June 2013: The 1.7-mile-wide asteroid "QE2" has just passed the Earth, at a distance of 3.6 million miles, with its own moon in tow.
UPDATE Jan 2015: The 1,100-foot asteroid "2004 BL86" has just passed the Earth at a distance of only three times further than Earth's own Moon. Scientists unfamiliar with or unconvinced of Walt Brown's HPT were surprised to learn of NASA's announcement that this asteroid too has it's own moon in tow, about 230 feet in diameter.
* Trajectories: The reason the trajectory of the Russian meteor was different from that of its 150-foot in diameter DA14 asteroid is possibly because that meteoroid was orbited the Earth prior to impact or perhaps because it was in orbit around DA14. Asteroids are known to have moons, with about 70 such systems so far discovered. In the time between the asteroid's flyby and the Russian impact, the Earth traveled a bit further than the distance to the Moon. Orbital mechanics could theoretically provide a baseline test for the likelihood of our claim that the Russian and the other meteors traveled with DA14, unfortunately however perturbances over the last 5,000 years could make falsifiability by this method difficult.
* Google's Favorite (well, highest rank) Scientist On: Go ahead and Google the words:
- origin of asteroids and you'll find Walt's at #1 of 2 million web pages, or try
- creation evolution flood, and out of 10 million web pages that include those three words, Dr. Walt Brown's work is number one, ranking as the most popular among very stiff competition. Try also googling:
- origin of earth's radioactivity, and Walt's at 1 of 2M
- origin of ocean trenches, 1 out of 4M pages
- origin of the grand canyon, and Walt's at 5 of 2M pages among extremely tough competition like Wikipedia and the National Park Service (and beating out all other creation ministries).
* The Hydroplate Theory Explains: Dr. Walt Brown's HT addresses many observations from the physical sciences, including explaining:
- that the continents do not fit together well against each other, as presented in the Pangaea hypothesis, unless you shrink Africa by 30%, and make other dramatic manipulations.
- that the jigsaw shape of the continents does fit well against the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
- what formed the 46,000-mile long Mid-oceanic Ridge.
- that the Atlantic Ocean is relatively shallow, whereas the Pacific is relatively deep.
- what formed the deep Pacific trenches including the 36-thousand foot-deep Marianas Trench.
- that the fountains of the great deep launched the solar system's asteroids and comets.
- that Mars is not the source of Antarctica meteorites, but they were launched from Earth.
- that the debris launched from the Earth beat up the moon, which helps to explain why the near-side has suffered much greater impactors.
- that NASA discovered the earth-like composition of comets, fulfilling Dr. Walt Brown's published prediction that they would find one of the most common minerals from Earth, olivine.
- that it is not unexpected that asteroids would have debris, including moons, traveling along with them.
Today's Resource: You can enjoy the 6-disc standard audio CD set The Hydroplate Theory & Dr. Walt Brown on the Air or get the entire set on a single MP3 CD, both of which contain eleven radio programs. Bob Enyart also highly recommends Dr. Walt Brown's fabulous book, In the Beginning! Order by clicking the link, or calling us at 800-8Enyart (800 836-9278)!
* Asteroid Trio Note from Kevin Lea: available as a PDF at calvarypo.org/HANDS/1154.pdf...
The Space.com article, Small Asteroid Gives Earth a Close Shave, 3rd in 2 Days, states that it is normal to have small asteroids come near the earth, but somewhat surprising to have three in two days.
Scientist were also surprised when Russia was blind-sided by the Chelyabinsk meteor on Feb 15, 2013, the same day that the much larger 367943 Duende, also known as 2012 DA,meteor was passing within 28,000 miles of earth. [That's the subject of the above radio program.] Three other smaller meteors also entered earth’s atmosphere and were visible between the 15 and 17th of February 2013, in Deerfield Beach, Florida and San Francisco, California (Google these or see this at YouTube).
Scientists have concluded that the Chelyabinsk meteor had no relation to the Duende meteor because their orbits were so diverse. Therefore, they also concluded that it was just a coincidence that they both were so close to the earth (one actually hitting) on the same day. The other smaller meteors that put on a show the next two days were also considered to be a coincidence.
As this article now relates, we now have three more “coincidences.” Is there an alternate explanation for the origin of comets, asteroids and related meteors that would conclude that these events are not coincidence and instead are expected, even in the future? ...the evidence we have pertaining to asteroids, comets and meteors supports Dr. Brown’s theory that they originated from the earth. You can search for: origin of asteroids and find that Google ranks Dr. Brown’s theory as the #1 hit (at creationscience.com) out of millions.
Dr. Brown theorizes that before and during the flood of Noah, the subterranean water (water under the crust) increased in temperature and pressure until the crust ruptured allowing the super-critical water and associated rock debris to jettison from the earth at velocities allowing escape from earth’s gravity. Dr. Brown shows further how some of this water and debris coalesced to become comets and other debris formed into asteroids and meteoroids.
As rocks were being jettisoned from the earth in pulsating explosions, many of the pieces would have had identical velocities, but greatly varying angels of trajectories. Assuming that these rocks with the same velocity also have similar deep space gravity tugs from other objects (or no tug at all), they would return to the same location in space at about the same time, but coming from varying orbital directions. Therefore, these clusters of meteors should not be a surprise.
Governments and scientists are growing increasingly concerned that there could be a comet, asteroid or meteoroid lingering out in space with our name on it. I believe their concerns are real based on an understanding of where they really came from and what the Bible predicts will happen in the “last days.”
If Dr. Brown is correct, these rocks are coming back after being launched from earth during the first global judgment by God, when only eight people survived the flood of Noah. You can read Dr. Brown's book, In the Beginning, which is available as a full-color hardback and can be freely read online, and see especially his Asteroids and Comets chapters.
The Apostle Peter predicts that in the last days, the earth is going to be judged by fire. John writes in Revelation that the earth is going to be impacted by many meteorites, to the extent that all people on the earth will be looking for caves to hide in. Since the Bible has been 100% accurate in prophecies pertaining to the first coming of the Messiah, the rebirth of the nation of Israel, etc., then a thoughtful and wise person should conclude that prophecies dealing with the future “last days” will also come true. Are you ready?
For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:5-9
I pray the reader has repented of fighting against the holy and loving God of the Bible, and that you have embraced Jesus as your savior and Lord. We all deserve to be separated from Him forever, but while we were yet sinners God sent Jesus into the world to take our punishment so that we could be forgiven and have everlasting life if we would just trust in Jesus’ saving grace.
Some consider God unloving because of His judgment on the evil of this world. But those same people would not consider a judge to be unloving if he sentenced a criminal to jail so that society could be protected from the offender’s evil ways.
Heaven will not be heaven if those who hate God and His laws are allowed in. Those who hate God would hate heaven where God’s laws rule, forever. Thus the loving God has a place for them (and the devil and his angels) where nothing of His goodness and His laws will ever offend them again.
How tragic it will be when most of the world’s inhabitants actually get what the hoped for – a place where they will not be “bothered” by God, a place they will then come to know forever as hell.
Thank you Pastor Kevin for that encouraging (and lifesaving) note. For those who have not believed in Christ for eternal life, please pray now and ask God to forgive you of your sin by trusting in Jesus Christ, and in His death and resurrection.