Bob Enyart and Doug McBurney discuss news headlines including regarding Brit Hume urging Tiger Woods to repent and turn toward Jesus Christ, Apocalypse Week on the History Channel, the Mayan Calendar (see 360dayyear.com), Ann Coulter on, of all things, the law being nailed to the cross when Jesus was crucified. The guys also discuss:
This is a very Special Edition of Real Science Radio!
* NCI Senior Researcher Louise A. Brinton Reverses Herself: Brinton, largely responsible for getting the government-funded National Cancer Institute to deny the abortion-breast cancer link, has co-authored a new study which describes significant risk factors, including "induced abortion." The study also says that these risk factors are "consistent with the effects observed in previous studies on younger women." Endocrinologist Dr. Joel Brind of NYC's Baruch College joins Bob Enyart and Doug McBurney toward the end of the program to discuss this dramatic development! Also, hear about the 320% increase in risk for women taking the birth control pill to develop TNBC, Triple Negative Breast Cancer, a particularly aggressive and treatment-resistant cancer. Learn more at AbortionBreastCancer.com. Update: Further, while the U.S. study shows that abortion is the "best predictor of breast cancer" two more studies, now from China and Turkey, also show the link between breast cancer and abortion.
- Read Dr. Brind's report on this NCI researcher's latest paper!
- See ABC's letter to Obama calling for an investigation into the misconduct at the NCI.
- See AmericanRTL.org/cancer.
- See also the stunning latest developments and cures at rsr.org/cancer-treatment.
* Race for the Cure Protest: For Immediate Release
Colorado Right To Life: To Join the Race for the Cure Protest
Denver, Colorado -- A meeting last Friday between Komen Breast Cancer Foundation's Denver officials, CRTL board members, and scientific and medical experts led the pro-life organization to decide to join an annual protest to warn women at the Komen Foundation's Race for the Cure of the link between abortion and breast cancer.
Former Komen medical research analyst Eve Sanchez Silver explained to the Komen officials that she resigned from Komen two years ago because the organization denies the scientific studies showing the link between abortion and breast cancer, and it provides funding to abortion provider Planned Parenthood. Professor Joel Brind, PhD endocrinologist from Baruch College in New York City attended the meeting after saying on Denver radio that, "the 2003 conference of the National Cancer Institute which denied abortion as a risk factor for breast cancer refused to allow attending scientists to present the opposing position of the scientific research establishing the link, showing that abortion was declassified as a cancer risk for political and not scientific reasons."
Further, "The NCI's own statistics show that breast cancer has increased, and only in women who were of child-bearing age when abortion was legalized in 1973, so much so that nationally, cancer would have steadily declined, except it has held steady at the expense of women getting breast cancer," said Dr. Brind.
Komen Denver board member and chairman of the grants committee, J.P. Pedinielli, and public relations representative, Dana Brandorff, attempted to dissuade CRTL from protesting at the Race arguing that "Planned Parenthood is not a current grantee" of Komen's Denver chapter, and when challenged, added that Planned Parenthood, "might have been a previous grantee." CRTL vice president Leslie Hanks then documented the continued local funding of the abortion provider throughout this decade. Eve Silver showed from Komen documentation that the national organization has given as much as $475,000 in a single year to abortion-provider Planned Parenthood.
"Even if abortion proved beneficial to a woman's health," said Hanks, "government should still prohibit the killing of an innocent human being, because abortion is always wrong."
Prof. Brind corrects a factual error on the Komen.org website, that "the breast is mature after puberty," stating that "Third trimester pregnancy hormones begin the final maturation process and the differentiation of mammary gland cells. Abortion prevents this, leaving the woman with more undifferentiated cells vulnerable to carcinogens, increasing her risk of breast cancer."
As transcribed from a recording of the meeting, CRTL asked, "Why aren't women being told about the most preventable risk factor?" to which Komen's Brandorff answered, "We tend to focus on the cure... we're focusing our energies on that, rather than the preventative."
For more info, contact:
Colorado RTL 303 753-9394
Vice President Leslie Hanks
* The Personhood Movement Has Exploded Into 40 States! So please find a way to plug in and help the personhood effort in your state and around the country so that we can re-criminalize abortion! If you live in Colorado: just click or call 303-753-9394. If you live in any other state, can you help to advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways? We need your help!
Abortion in Obama Health Care: N fter the program, Karen said to Bob that the information in these new studies make it clear that Barack Obama's health care plan with its abortion mandate will harm American women even more. o urges listeners to mail a copy of to the president and our congressmen, which calls for an investigation into the misconduct at the Nat'l Cancer Institute on the abortion/breast cancer link, for they have not yet even acknowledged the latest study which warns about abortion, even though it was co-authored by their researcher who organized the NCI conference that denies the link.
* Come Out to Your Local March for Life: Whatever state you live in, please come to the March for Life. If you're in Colorado, then you are cordially invited to Colorado's 2010 March for Life on the steps of the Capitol downtown at noon on Friday, January 22, 2010! Come on out. We'll have a FABULOUS TIME of fellowship!
* The Personhood Movement Has Exploded Into 40 States! So please help the state personhood efforts get the signatures they need to re-criminalize abortion! If you live in:
Colorado: could you help circulate the Personhood Colorado & Colorado RTL 2010 petition? If so, just click or call 303-753-9394.
California: please visit the CA Human Life Amendment site to get a petition and start collecting signature for the Lord and for the innocent child!
Any Other State: If you live in any other state, can you help to advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways?
We all need your help!
Today's Resource: Please consider emailing this helpful description of Focus on the Strategy II to another Christian who may be an asset in the personhood movement after viewing this groundbreaking DVD!