* BIBLE QUIZ: Before getting to the BEL Predictions below, first try your hand at this brief Bible quiz!
Which of these verses teach that all sins are not equal...
- Jesus answered Pilate: "the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin." John 19:11
- You who judged your sisters, bear your own shame also, because the sins which you committed were more abominable than theirs..." Ezekiel 16:51-52
- "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea." –Jesus, Mat. 18:6 [That is, it would be worse for that one than for the little one whom he tempted to sin.]
- "[Some] shall be beaten with many stripes. But [some] shall be beaten with few… For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required... I came to send fire [judgment] on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!" -Jesus, Luke 12:47, 49
- "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation." -Jesus, Mat. 23:14
- "Woe to you, scribes… you will receive greater condemnation." -Jesus, Mat. 23:14
- "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe [but] have neglected the weightier matters of the law…" -Jesus, Mat. 23:23
- "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves." -Jesus, Mat. 23:15
- "Bethsaida… it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum… it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you." -Jesus, Mat. 11:21-24
- "In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow…" Revelation 18:7
- "teachers… shall receive a stricter judgment." James 3:1
- "Beware of the scribes... who devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation." Luke 20:46-47
NICER THAN GOD by Bob Enyart
Christians today are nicer than God.
Or at least they are trying to be so. In the Church there is a standard of niceness that Jesus failed to reach while on earth. Comparing God's attitude and behavior with that of the Church today shows that believers are far more polite, tolerant, understanding and respectful to the wicked than God is.
The Church is also less offensive, rude and sarcastic than God's men in the Bible were. And no Christian would ever be caught dead mocking the wicked, as God's men in the Bible sometimes did.
The Bible sometimes ministers through ridicule, humor, sarcasm and even mocking. For example, God mocked and defeated the Midianites by giving them a nightmare in which they were attacked by a loaf of bread (Jud. 7:13-14). Elijah, just prior to executing 450 prophets of Baal, "mocked them" as the Bible says, telling them to yell louder to their god so that Baal could hear their prayers since he was either on a trip, sleeping or in the restroom (Hebrew, "private place," 1 Ki. 18:27; and 2 Ki. 6:8-20). And Jesus rebuked the multitudes for not responding in faith to John the Baptist's message as He ridiculed them: "What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?" (Mat. 11:7).
The especially harsh term hypocrite is used in the Gospels twenty-three times. Christ often insulted the scribes, Pharisees and lawyers. He even called the Pharisees blind guides (Mat. 23:16, 24) and sons of hell (Mat. 23:15). Jesus spoke unkind words unacceptable today. He said to Peter "Get behind me, Satan" (Mat. 16:23). He told the Pharisees "You are of your father the devil" (John 8:44), and made a whip and cleared "thieves" from the temple (Mat. 21:12-13; Mark 11:15-17; Luke 19:45-46; John 2:14-15).
Gentiles (as symbols of the godless) and sodomites are called "dogs" in the Bible (Mat. 7:6; 15:26; Deut. 23:17-18; Ps. 22:16; 59:5-6; Phil. 3:2; Rev. 22:15). And Jesus was harsh (not only to the Pharisees, as some believers wrongly assume but) to all the unrepentant (see His use of "hypocrite"). Jesus instructs Christians to not "cast your pearls before swine" (Mat. 7:6). Yet the silly dilemma now is, "Who could Christ possibly have meant by that, for we are too loving, tolerant, polite and respectful to refer to any human being by that mean-spirited term." read more...
Bob Enyart's General Predictions (see also our science predictions)
* Predictions in Review: Over the years Bob has made many predictions regarding social, scientific, political, economic, and spiritual issues:
- 1990 prediction: in Colorado newspapers (as reprinted three years later in the Rocky Mountain News), Bob predicted that Adam's City High School giving out condoms would not decrease but increase the student pregnancy rate. Within three years, that rate soard 42% to 108 babies being born in a single school year
- 1991 prediction: from Bob's first months of broadcasts through till today, Enyart predicted that there would be devastating effects from the decriminalization of homosexuality (confirmed by WWN & Time Magazine)
- 1992 prediction: in every presidential election from 1992 until Obama spent his trillions, Enyart predicted "fiscally conservative" RE-publicans would outspend liberal democrats, as confirmed from post-WWII to the end of the G. W. Bush administration
- 1994 prediction: a BEL mockup of a Dec. 26, 1994 USA Today front page story predicted that the song "White Christmas" would be considered racist, as confirmed 20 years to the very month and captured (see below) in a Drudge Report headline.
- 1995 prediction: on national television Bob repeatedly predicted that America and much of the world would never have a heterosexual AIDS epidemic. See KGOV.com/AIDS-is-a-homosexual-disease, with the same prediction that Enyart also made years earlier on his Denver radio broadcast.
- 2009 prediction: that Obamacare will pay for abortions (example: $375,000 to PP in DC), for illegal aliens, and even for abortions for illegal aliens, as explicitly denied by the media and Barack Obama
- undated prediction: that in light of the epidemic of violent crime that it was just a matter of time before an athlete would be murdered on the field or a performer would be murdered on stage.
* Predictions, Predictions: And there’s more. Other predictions confirmed over the years include how (and why) Focus on the Family would lose the culture war, and that the 9/11 attack would not be quickly followed up by similar attacks because their "A Team" was dead, and they didn't have similar shovel-ready attacks in the wings. And on a slightly less meaningful note… how Doug predicted that Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos would beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs. See also Bob's many confirmed and recently issued scientific predictions.
* Failed Conspiracy Predictions: Whereas the non-conspiracy minded BEL predictions have a high fulfillment rate, all along of course we have heard (and rejected) the conspiracy-minded predictions, which overwhelmingly fail: the Denver International Airport internment camp thing; that Clinton was the anti-Christ; that Pope John Paul II was the anti-Christ; that the European Common Market was the fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy (but then it was disbanded); that the government was covering up the coming Y2K calamity; that Pople Benedict XVI was the anti-Christ; that Obama is the anti-Christ; that Clinton was going to remain in office beyond 8 years (now Obama will). See also, kgov.com/bullets for our antidote to paranoia regarding the government's ammunition contracts and, although not a result of paranoia but just scriptural misinterpretation, see also Bob's written analysis and interview with the author of The Harbinger.
* Failed BEL Prediction: Bob predicted that GM would be financially worse off following the government takeover which led to the nickname Government Motors. However, although taxpapers lost ten billion dollars in the Bush/Obama "investments", as of 2014, the automaker is, for now, economically strengthened.
Today’s Resource: If you are not familiar with the large amount of biblical material discussing God's two covenant peoples, Israel and the Body of Christ, then you might really enjoy The Plot. Bob Enyart's life's work is based on this observation: Grasping the overview of the Bible is the KEY to its DETAILS. And the "details" are the doctrines that Christians wrestle with. This Bible teaching is available in a soft-cover book titled The Plot or in a downloadable pdf version, and it's also available in an audio recording of Bob's Plot seminars for immediate download or to receive in the mail on an MP3 CD. And have your children or grandkids heard the The Plot Boys yet? In this audio series for young people, Bob and two young boys, Stephen and Josh, teach through an overview of the Bible. The guys present this in a way that kids (and adults) can really understand, so it's a valuable foundation for serious Bible study. Also, please consider ordering the entire Enyart Library! This invaluable resource will benefit your entire family or church, give you gifts and materials to share with friends, and you'll help Bob Enyart Live reach more and more people with a Christian worldview!